1

"Morning, Dad. Here's your coffee," I said, handing him the full mug.

"Thank you, V. You know you don't have to do this for me, right? I'm perfectly capable," he replied.

"I know, but still...," I trailed off.

"Sweetheart, the surgery was last month. The tumor's gone, so is the cancer. I'm okay. Really," he said, giving me a soft smile. I plopped down onto the couch next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Oh, and Vance is coming over today. Around noon."

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. Between you and me, I know he's your favorite brother," he said with a wink.

"Dad, oh my god," I chuckled.

"What? You know I'm right," he replied.

"It's just because he's the closest to my age. Vaughn is seven years older, Vern is five years older, and Vance is only two," I said.

"I know the age of my children, V," he said with a laugh.

"I don't know why you call me that. Doesn't it get confusing with four kids that have names starting with V?" I asked, smiling.

"Hey, the alliteration was your mother's idea, not me," he said.

"What was my idea?" my mom asked, walking into the room.

"Giving your children such similar names," I said.

"They're not that similar!" she exclaimed.

"Sarah, sweetheart, they sort of are," my dad said.

"Oh, hush," she replied. She walked over and planted a kiss on my dad's forehead and then mine.

"What do we want for breakfast?" she asked.

"Donuts," said Dad.

"We don't have donuts just lying around, Kyle," said Mom.

"I can go get some!" I said.

"You sure? I was sort of kidding," said Dad.

"No, let her go. She needs to get out of the house, anyway," Mom said.

"It's hot, okay? Oklahoma summers are godawful," I whined.

"It's barely June. I think you'll live," said Mom.

"It was 110 degrees yesterday!" I complained.

"Go get some donuts. We got up late. Vance will be here in less than half an hour and the store will close soon," said Dad.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going," I said. I got up off the couch after giving my mom a good morning hug and my dad a kiss on the cheek.

I made my way upstairs to my room and went over to my closet, not feeling the need to go out in my Chanel button-up pajamas.

I pulled on a pair of short ripped denim shorts and went over to my closet, rifling through my shirts. I froze when I saw my tan NEVER hoodie from Sam's merch line and let out a long sigh.

"I thought I put all of my merch away," I mumbled quietly before yanking it off the hanger and shoving it in my bottom dresser drawer, along with the rest of the merch I'd bought from the guys.