Chapter 33 : No Harm

When I woke up, I went downstairs to find Jungkook's father. "Mr. Jeon, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was gonna sleep here la- What are you still doing here?!" I exclaimed when I saw Jungkook's aunt drinking coffee inside the kitchen.

"Good morning to you too, muffin." She greeted.

"Good morning Deonne." Mr. Jeon greeted but it is evident in his face that he is not in a good mood.

"Mr. Jeon, what is she doing in here?" I asked in frustration.

"Don't worry skinny lad, I mean no harm," Hyelin answered me instead.

"I'm going to tell you later, but for now can you send these inside Jungkook's room?" Mr. Jeon asked and I glared at the woman sitting comfortably on a stool before sighing and carrying the tray of foods inside Jungkook's bedroom.

I carefully brought Jungkook's breakfast upstairs and when I entered, he is still sleeping. After placing the tray on the end of his bed, I gently shook his shoulders to wake him up.

"Rise and shine, Jungkook," I said with less enthusiasm. I just woke up early because I wanted to talk to his dad alone and not with a leech observing in the kitchen. I'm still actually very sleepy.

"Yah." I give his arm a weak punch and it's my first regret this day because instead of hurting him, I hurt my fist instead. "Hey, wake up!"

He finally groaned. He rolled around to my direction with eyes closed. "Wake up, your food is on your bed," I informed him.

I attempted to go down again and deal with the parasite downstairs not until Jungkook pulled me and my head fell right in front of his chest.

This time I felt really awake. The intensity of how my head smashed against Jungkook's rock-like chest is something that will probably wake me up with my senses.

I tried to get up but with his arm wrapped around my neck and one hand petting my hair, I had no luck getting out. "Let go of me." I hissed.

My head glued on his chest gave me a perfect view of his jaws and pointed nose. His smell mixes with the oxygen I breath and when it enters my nostrils it's like I wanted to sleep again.

But not on my knees and head on his chest, definitely not. I pushed my way out of him when I felt his grip loosening and in a matter of seconds, I'm breathing normal air again.

"What was that for?" I exclaimed.

"Didn't I tell you to get a haircut?" His eyes half-opened with a smirk stretched on his face.

"Did I care?" I asked back, ignoring his question. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." He chuckled, his voice is deeper in the morning. "Just get a haircut. I thought a girl brought me breakfast, turned out it was just you."

I break away from the eye contact because of what he said and I almost break into a sweat.

"Oh," I murmured. "Did I perhaps, scare you?"

At last, he sits up from lying down on his bed. His hair is a mess, a delicate mess. "No. Why would I be? You're not a woman."

Yes, I am.

"Cool." I breathe. "Anyways, get up and eat your breakfast. We need to talk about something." He somehow moves from his position and started following my direction.

I told him not to go down while I do something downstairs and he strangely agrees.

I came to talk with Mr. Jeon and I followed him at the backyard where it's only the two of us.