Chapter Seven

Abigail felt her bed dip besides her, and she groaned as peeled her to her eyes open. It was Stephanie with a cup of coffee as she sat on the bed with her legs crossed.

“What time is it?”, Abigail reached for her phone under the pillow with her eyes still closed because she was still sleepy

“It's time for you to tell me everything about your date last night”, Stephanie shook her awake

“It wasn't a date”, Abigail grumbled as took the phone in her hand and pressed on the power button, the screen lit up, her eyes widening when she read the time

“It's not even 6am Steph”, she groaned again as she buried her head under the pillow. Stephanie was always an early bird, she could sleep early in the morning and still wake up early, with a smile on her face. She didn't even show any signs of being moved by the tantrum the other woman was throwing besides her as she patiently took another sip of her coffee before snatched the pillow from her friend's head and tossed it to the floor.

“Tell me everything Abbie”, she demanded sternly as she took another sip of her coffee. Abigail pushed herself up and rubbed the sleep off her eyes and yawned while stretching her arms.

“It was nice”

“Just nice?”, Stephanie couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice. “Surely there must have been something else that happened”, she urged as she dared her with her eyes to continue. Abigail then told her everything that happened the night before, leaving no detail out. Even after then, her friend wasn't satisfied with what she was telling her.

“He didn't kiss you goodnight?”

“He did but-”

“I'm talking about a lip kiss Abbie”, she rolled her eyes. “Where the both of you exchange saliva and stick your tongue down each other's throats”

Abigail lips turned into a scowl as she took the other pillow on her bed and threatened to hit her friend with it

“You're disgusting”, she got up from the bed to wash her face in the bathroom. “But no, he didn't kiss me on the lips”

“That's strange”, Steph leaned on the bathroom door frame

“No it's not strange. He was just being a gentleman and besides, it wasn't a date”.

“No, it was a date. He just gave you the impression that it wasn't because it's the condition you laid out for him in order for you to go out with him, on a date”.

“Or maybe he doesn't like me like in that way”

“I don't think so. He does like you, it's only a matter of time until he asks you out on a real date”, Stephanie wiggled her eyebrows at her. Abigail was about to respond to her but was quickly interrupted by the other woman.

“I'm not going to argue with you Abbie. I'm going to make breakfast”.

When Abigail arrived at work, she kept checking her phone the whole day. He wasn't anything from Ian; No text, no phone call, nothing. She began over thinking that maybe the reason why he didn't get back to her or saying anything was because she has a child, and he probably didn't want to bound himself with an unnecessary burden. She had read somewhere that the main reason n why men don't like to date women with kids was because being responsible for someone else's kid scares them, and they don't want to be involved in any baby daddy drama. Maybe Ian felt the same way, but didn't want to put it the way it was and hurt her feelings.

She sighed as she switched her phone off and as she carried on with work. She tried to pushed Ian at the back of her mind and forget thinking about him, but she couldn't. Not only that, but she could still see the image of him winking at her whenever she closed her eyes. When her eyes were open, it was like she could see him walking through the diner doors.