46.

E R I C

"Where is she Stephen?", I asked as I entered my penthouse.
"She must be upstairs sir! In her room!"
I nodded and then went to her room.

She must be changing for her 'date', so I knocked.
"Come in!", I heard her and went in.

"So yo..........!", My words trailed off when I saw the fine specimen of woman standing before me. She was wearing a white coloured gown, simple and elegant, that trailed off at the back, while was of knee length in the front. It hung over her body carelessly, and effortlessly. With that she was wearing a pair of brown boots. Her curves were well accentuated in the dress. She was wearing a brown leather bracelet in her left hand, and a watch in the right. Her brown hair were trailing down to her waist, while those lips were painted red. But it covered her well.

"Eyes up here Eric!", I could see a hint of pride on her face.

"How am I looking Eric!?", I breathed in and out.

Delicious! - I wanted to answer but I didn't instead I said, "Horrible!"

She gasped visibly, "Don't be so crude Eric!"

"Why!?", I folded my hands, "You should wear a dress that can make him see your marks. It's not appropriate to hide them. He should know what he is signing up for! You wouldn't want him to leave after you become all serious about him."
She stared at me in disbelief.

"You don't know what you are saying Eric! I will tell him everything about myself."

I raised an eyebrow, "Even the things you have not told me yet! Like what caused those marks!"

She shook her head, "Eric just because you don't like me going on a date with someone, you will use my weaknesses to emotionally demoralise me!?"

"I am not demoralising you! I am just telling you that there is a real world, where your knights in shining armours would run away as soon as they see what baggage of hurt you hold! It will hurt you later Erica!!", I yelled the last part.

"Right now your words are hurting more!"

"I don't care as long as it can save you from those men! Leave him Erica! Let him wait. I can come on a date with you...we will go and do whatever you want!", If a 'date' can make her feel special, I would do it. But I can't allow her to spend a night with another man!

She stood silent for a while and then nodded.
I finally sighed in relief after a complete day! God! If I knew going on a date with me can convince her, I would have done that before.

She picked up her phone and typed on it. Probably telling that dude to stop dreaming!

She called him.
Why so generous Eric!?

"Richardson!"
"Yeah! Where are you?"
"Ok!"
"I wanted to say that don't bother coming to the Ashton's!"
"Yeah! I would come on the address on my own. Yeah! No that's not a problem... I'll take a cab!"
"Oh Richardson don't worry...I will...!"
"Okay fine! See you soon!"

I was taken aback...and she walked past me.

Oh. The. Hell!

"Erica! Erica!", I ran after her.

"Erica!", I thankfully stopped her before she could reach the stairs.

"You are not going Erica!"

"And who do you think you are to order me!", She seethed.

"Your boss!"

She chuckled sarcastically, "And I am out of work right now!"

"Erica! We have official work to do!", I said desperately.