[2] Shadow x reader~A day at the park

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sighed dramatically as I was bored at my house, nothing to do, sitting around like a couch potato... "Hm... I wonder if Shadow is doing anything right now." I said to myself. I grabbed my phone and started to text him.

(Y/N): Hey shads, um I was wondering if you're busy right now or anything because I'm just really bored...

Edgy Hedgy: Oh ok I just got out of a G.U.N mission so it would be nice to take a break I guess, what we're you suggesting on doing?

(Y/N): idk, I was thinking you would know but maybe we can go to the park? It's not far from my house so you can meet me here and we'll head out.

Edgy Hedgy: Ok then, I'll be there by 3, I'll bring some snacks for us. Bye.

I left my phone on the couch as I leaped up and went to get dressed and get some snacks ready with a picnic basket and a blanket inside that we could sit on. I made some sandwiches for me and Shadow, (favorite sandwich) for me and egg salad for Shadow.
I always had a crush on Shadow and every time I wanted to tell him, I would just stutter and embarrass myself in front of him... I gave up on trying to confess thinking he doesn't even like me that kind of way and he maybe liked Rouge or something but not me. He never showed any romantic feelings towards me but when it was just us... He would talk to me and actually smile sometimes, I would get so red when we would slightly touch hands and I would immediately move so I don't make him mad at me for touching him. Maybe I'm too cheery for him? But I don't want to push him awa- ugh what am I thinking, I should be getting ready not standing in a shower contemplating my love life...

~Time skip~

I finally got ready and heard the doorbell ring, "Oh that must be Shadow." I said out loud. "Hey, you ready? I have everything so we can start walking." Shadow said as I opened the door inviting him in. I ran to the table and snatched my basket and ran back to the door. "Yea I'm ready! Thought you were gonna be late, let's go then I don't want it to be dark when we get there." I said grabbing his hand and running out the door.

(At the park)

Whew, we made it. This spot riiiiiight here. Perfect isn't it?" I said as I looked out to see the beautiful sunset covered sky and the emerald greens grass.

~Shadows POV~

Yeah...it is perfect." I said not looking at the sky but rather looking at her. I always liked (Y/N), she was so kind and helpful to sonic and her friends and I never told her I liked her since she was out of my league, she was optimistic and always helping others and I liked that about her but... I just don't see why she would like a guy like me with the past I have, I figured she had eyes for sonic or someone like him, a hero who cares about everyone like she does and does the right thing. I would always see her around other people when Rouge was around never really talking to me, I don't know why but maybe she had something with Rouge but they seemed like good friends when she would talk to her so I don't see why she's like that around me...
I was snapped out of my thoughts as she set the blanket down and motioned me to sit with her.

~Nobody's POV~

Shadow and (Y/N) sat on the blanket eating the snacks they brought from the basket, talking and enjoying themselves as hey finally had some time for themselves instead of sonic and knuckles being around to ruin the moment. The pair gazed up at the sky when suddenly Shadow spoke. "I wanted to admit something to you for a while now (Y/N), I wanted to say that, that I love you and I always have loved you..." (Y/N)'s face darkened with a shade of red and eyes wide as she thought she misheard those words he said, "Sh-Shadow I love you too! I loved you ever since we met and I never thought you would like me back so I never said anything..." she said with her head down. "Does this tell you I love you?" Shadow picked her chin up and lovingly kissed her as his face began to grow a pink tint. The pair broke apart for the need of oxygen and were smiling at each other, hands touching. They sat there for a while just enjoying the moment and looking up at the sky.