Chapter 4

Second Person POV

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine...

I can make it past 800, 000 seconds without nearly losing consciousness now.

 I've been frozen like this for 117, 354, 889, 550 seconds now.  Alright, if I'm going to get up, now's the time. Starting in the spring is an absolute must if I'm going to be revived.

Get up already, me.

Get up. 

Get up!

Get up, dammit!

Get up!

One by one little cracks appeared on the stone Senku was trapped in. As the stone that once covered him broke, he shot up, gasping for air. Looking around he raised his arms up proudly as he shouted: "I broke out!"

Is what he would have done. I'd love to be that boisterous, but I'm 10 billion percent sure I would have done that if I were a simpleton like Taiju.

Getting up, Senku looked around. My first priority is to secure my surroundings. My own body is a hint that's worth its weight in gold. The location where I was lying down, my position. The order in which the mystery stone fragment fell off of me. I'm going to keep every last piece for when I'm ready to investigate.

From behind him, he could hear something rattling in the trees. Turning around to see what it was, he found a group of monkeys. When the monkey saw him they started to examine his body, looking at him rather curiously. 

"Where are you from, monkey?" "Yo, where are you from?" They said as if they thought he knew what they were talking about. Finally taking a good look at his body the monkeys froze.

"Dude, he's all shiny!"

Running away they couldn't help but feel terrified, this was the first shiny monkey they've ever seen so it was obvious to them this thing could be dangerous.

"Gross!"

"He's got his nasty pee-pee out too!"

"That's monkey's got shiny skin!"

"Gross!"

As all of this progressed, Senku just stood there, examining the reactions that came from them.  "Am I the first one they've seen?" Senku said as he broke off a bunch of vines from a tree. As he tied them around his waist he got straight to work. "Doesn't look like civilization survived, this is a whole new world. And from the looks of things, I might be the first shiny monkey to be born in it. Hehe, this is exhilarating, get excited." 

...

Walking around to explore the new terrain, Senku found himself walking close to the end of a cliff. As he looked to his side he found a rather large tree. Gently tapping his index finger against his chin, he found a rather sharp rock to scribble down a collection of numbers. 

117, 354, 893, 870 seconds now. This is some nasty mental math when I factor in the leap years, not to mention the rotation of the earth slows down by a seventeen-millionths of a second every year, it hardly adds up to anything though.

Smiling proudly at himself he got back up, looking at his handy work. 

April 1st, 5730 AD, though you could call this year 0 'cause it all begins today.

Turning around once more, he found another set of monkeys looking at him. Soon realizing that when the sun began to set and that the temperature would reduce by a fair amount, he understood that in order to survive the night's chilly weather, he'd need to keep warm with a fire.