Chapter 8

Another wonderful few months later, I hear a knock at the door. I know it's not Keefe because he's sitting right next to me. I look at him and he shrugs his shoulders. I go to open it, and I don't even see anything before I am tackled with a hug.

"We missed you so much!"

"Fitz is such a jerk and we couldn't say anything in person for so long because the teacher took our phones when we first texted you!"

 I look at Keefe for help, but he's too busy holding in his laughter. I roll my eyes.

"Um, I can't see either of your faces, so I have absolutely no idea who is hugging me," I say. They pull back and I see Biana and Dex.

"Oh," I say softly.

"FORGIVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am overwhelmed at this point.

"Um, yeah, I forgive you for not sitting next to me at lunch. Is that better?"

"Yes." Dex declares. And then they walk out.

                                                                     <><><><><><<><><><><><><><><>

"That was by far the most hilarious thing ever." Keefe says, placing his arm over my shoulders. I roll my eyes.

"More than this?" I start tickling him, and he starts laughing. He kisses my nose and then swats at my hand.

"I have something for you." He says. 

"Really?" I lean closer to him.

"Yep."

"And what would that be?"

"This." He kisses me, and I smile. He also slips something into my hand, and I gasp.

It is a perfect imitation of us in front of the mall's fountain. We took a picture there of us kissing a few days ago, but he never actually saw that picture. He made my boring eyes look mysterious and beautiful. We have our foreheads touching, and we are holding hands. He changed one thing, though.

Over our hands, he put, 'I love you, Foster.'

I kiss him harder than I ever have before.

"I love you, too, Keefe. More than anyone could ever think."

"And I you."