Number 1 hero

"Give that back!" a red pile of goo burst out of a grocery store and barreled down the block. Behind him, a man was grew-and-threw knives out of his knuckles. "That's my wallet!"

"Sorry sucker!" Carnage yelled, "This naughty boy just got out of time-out, and he's looking for some toys to play with!" He laughed as the two of them ran down the street. They passed a convenience store filled with bystanders.

"Man, where are all the heroes? Are they all tuckered out from the fight this morning?"

"Probably," As he said this, the automatic doors opened as a fine black gentlemen walked out of the store behind him. "Still, remember when we didn't have to worry about lunatics with quirks running amok?"

"Yeah. As if dealing with magnetic mutants weren't enough, now we have to worry about idiots that can blow up buildings? Like, what the hell? Where's Captain America? Wolverine? I see the f*cking Antman more now than Iron Man, and he's the size of a f*cking ant!. What the hell happened to him?" While the two talked, the figure's form flickered. For a second, the man was covered in a black-and-gold metal suit. Silently, he stepped out of the armor and stretched his arms out. Out of his chest, a brilliant blue glow emerged. Metal began to seep from it point, encasing him.

The material began to grow denser and formed muscles along his arms. Biceps thickened on his legs. Pulsar rays glimmered on his palms. A soft click sounded as the iron mask sealed on the man's face.

"Yeah. Things were soo much better when Iron Man did JackSh*t." The bystander felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around. Behind him was an 8-foot tall war machine.

"You were saying?"

Peter packed up his things as he prepared to go home. He checked his phone.

Wow, today's battle is all over the news. Great thing I got to see it in real life! Unable to stop grinning, Peter shoved his phone into his bag. Just as he was about to grab his notebook, somebody snatched it.

"You know," Flash dangled the book in front of him, "we're not done yet, arachnid head."

"H-hey, give that back!" Peter said, but a viscous hand pushed him back. Flash paid no attention to him as he examined the notebook.

"What's that Flash?" his friends looked at it. They burst out laughing, "Dude! You're taking notes on superheroes? How much more pathetic can you get?"

"Ha ha," Peter stammered, "funny, n-now could you plea..." before he could finish, Flash covered the book in his black ooze and easily crushed it. Peter squealed.

"Oh, sorry Pete," Flash grinned, "I had to make it fit into my pocket. Thanks for the notes, bug boy." Flash stuffed the bent notebook into his pockets. "Fits like a glove. Now, speaking about notes, I think it's time for a lesson."

"W-which one? The health risks of a high school toilet?" Peter slowly backed away from Flash, but Flash gripped him on the shoulder.

"Aw, Peter, you always know what I'm thinking. But no, it's a new one. It's called, the 'basis for a superhero.'" Peter tried to look for an escape route, but Flash's friends were surrounding him.

"You see," Flash began, "Being a superhero is a lot like a football Quarterback. Not many people can properly step up to the plate, but the ones who do have the potential to become one can be seen a mile away. You can just tell by looking at them that they're destined for the role. When I make it into MA, people'll be looking at my records and see that I was that type of kid. And when I graduate, people will be looking at me with this kind of respect," he jabbed his finger into Peter's chest. "They'll be calling out my name. And, before you know it, they'll forget about daredevil, Songbird. Heck, they'll even forget Iron Man! And they'll name me the true number one hero!"
Flash's friends were laughing. "Someone's a little to in love with themselves." Flash took no notice.

Peter felt Flash's grip tighten. He turned and saw that the symbiote now covered his entire arm, squeezing his shoulder.

"Likewise, the same'll happen to you. Except you'll be the laughing stock of whatever third-rate school MA kicks you into." Flash smiled as Peter's heart went into overdrive; his mouth quavering with fear. "I think we're done now." Flash let go of Peter and began walking out the door; his friends following him. He stopped halfway through the door.

"You know, Parker, there is one way you gain a superpower," Flash pulled out Peter's broken notebook. With the arm of a Quarterback veteran, he flung the notebook out the classroom window.

"Go fetch, bug boy. Maybe you'll stick to the wall like a proper freak. It'll make crushing you much more satisfying." Flash snorted as he left the classroom.

"That's it?" his friends followed him, "he isn't going to even put up a fight?"

"No. He finally knows his place in the world. Underneath someone's shoe!" As Flash and his friends cackled in the hallway, Peter grabbed his phone and ran into the hallway. Before he could even wield his makeshift weapon, Flash turned around; his fist wrapped in a basketball-sized boxing glove.

"Something wrong, insect?" Peter's body froze as Flash gave him a warm smile.

"That's better." Flash said. He continued walking like nothing ever happened. Listening to the sounds of his friends jeering at Peter, and the sniffling of a defenseless nerd as he tried not to cry.

Hi author-chan here with some fresh hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls
Special thanks to EmmaSmoke for the encouraging feedback! I really appreciate it!