Chapter 77: Silence Drives The Mad Man Mad

Rei gripped onto the (Y/n)'s shoulders, turning her around so she could see his rage-induced state. He breathed heavily, digging his fingernails into her muscles and whimpering as his expression turned quickly from rage to hurt to despair and then all over again, continually looping. He didn't give her the ability to speak before he lashed out again, growling, whimpering, doing whatever he could to sate his bloodthirst at the time.

"I can't deal with this!" he said, his knees weakening as his fingernails dug into her skin, making her cry out in pain as she bled, "Talk! You have to talk! I need it! I need your voice! I-I can't live without it!"

When (Y/n) opened her mouth to speak, a gun was pressed to her head and she pressed her mouth into a fine line to avoid saying something that would make him press the trigger. He began to coat her neck in kisses, becoming more sloppy and greedy with every one he placed. His eyes widened and he began to chuckle, his laughs becoming more distorted and injecting more insanity into his psyche as time progressed.

"Hey," he said, his chuckles only growing as a smirk spread from cheek to cheek, "Would it hurt if I pulled this trigger? Answer me!"

The male began to break down again, throwing the gun down on the floor so hard that it fired. As he heard it, his eyes widened and he threw his arms around the girl, pulling her back and shaking when he landed on his back, his grip on her unyielding. Terrified he would lose her and he would never meet anyone else that would be near as understanding, he buried his head in the crook of the girl's neck, sobbing loudly.

(Y/n) tensed as she felt the male place her on the ground and crawl on top of her, placing his hands around her throat and harshly constricting her airflow. His eyes were full of sorrow, tears pouring from them as he screamed at her to speak, his demands contradicting his actions. The girl's vision became fuzzy, the room beginning to spin only for her to black out, left to the mercy of the blonde who wanted nothing more than to kill if he didn't get what he wanted.

He looked down at the unmoving body of the girl and his rage only surged further through his body, drawing him to pick up the discarded gun once more. He pulled back the trigger, slowly aiming it at the girl as he took in a shaky breath, refusing to breathe thereafter. When he did inhale after a while, he began to speak threateningly to the unconscious girl.

"(Y/n)," he said, letting her name slip off of his tongue, "You have one more chance. Get on your hands and knees and call me your prince. Tell me you love me and only me. If you don't, I'll kill us both."

The girl obviously didn't respond, her breathing slowly returning to a normal rate though she was far from waking up. The male got on his hands and knees, still holding the gun in his hands, and placed a chaste kiss on the girl's lips. It infuriated him to no end that she didn't return it, but in his state of mind, everything he perceived was a mere delusion, warping and twisting in his mind. He kissed her again, and again, and again, each more desperate to evoke a response from her.

"Why can't you love me?" he sobbed, "Without you, I don't have the will to do anything. If you're not there to see me excel, what's the point in trying? If I had you every second of the day, I could do so much, (Y/n). I'd own the world. I want you at my feet. I don't want to have to be the one begging for you. You should want me, you should need me like I do you! So please, please say something! I need your voice!"

Again, the girl didn't reply, her unconscious state rendering her unable to. So the boy reluctantly pressed his lips to hers once more before pointing the gun at her, making up his mind to do away with the both of them. He sighed, thinking it a waste, but began to pull the trigger. Bang. The gunshot rang around the room and the male froze, feeling fear. However, it was not his that fired, but the doing of a brunette standing angrily in the doorway, scowling disapprovingly at the blonde.