[ 4] The Boss ↬ Knuckles

[Y/n's POV]

"Have you scheduled all my meetings for this week?" my boss Knuckles asked.

I've been working for Echidna enterprises for about 5 months now. I'm Knuckles personal assistant which meant we had gotten fairly close over the duration in which I started working. Whenever he wanted coffee or he needed to reschedule a meeting I was on it. He counted on me to get things done.

Over the past 5 months I also had to deal with my crush on him. Sometimes I'd occasionally sneak glances at him while he worked. He always kept his door open at just the right amount that I could see him and he could see me.

But there wasn't a chance in the slightest he liked me back since I was his assistant. Just his assistant;

nothing more.

nothing less.

"Yes Sir you have a meeting with Espio this afternoon." I said looking up at him.

"Y/n what did I say about all the formal nonsense, call me by my name" Knuckles smiled.

"Yes si- I mean Knuckles" I stuttered a bit.

"We'll work on that Mrs. Y/n" Knuckles laughed, "Ill be back in time for the meeting you're in charge while i'm gone"

"Have fun" I called out to him.

I had finished all my work for the day which meant I had nothing to do. Knuckles wasn't here so I couldn't really look at him as he worked. I've also noticed little details about Knuckles from working for him. For example, when he works he always hums a song. I can't really place my finger on what song it is but he hums like crazy when he thinks nobody is watching.

I actually found it to be quite cute.

But once again I have to remind myself that I'm his assistant and he's my boss.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when an unfamiliar figure walks to the door and makes their way over to me.

"Hello, you must be Y/n. I'm Espio" The figure greeted me.

"Yes, I'm y/n" I nodded, "Mr. Espio, my boss will be here in a few minutes for the meeting"

"Please call me Espio, no need for the Mr" He smiled.

"Thank you, Espio" I put the emphasis on his name.

We started to chat for a bit and got to know each other and he made me laugh here and there. He was really nice and to be real, I'm relieved that he wasn't intimidating in the slightest.

"Now I know why Knuckles talks about you so much, you're beautiful" He smiles.

I started to turn red. Knuckles talks about me and one of his colleagues thinks i'm beautiful?

"Thank you" I reply.

"What are you doing later tonight?" Espio asks out of nowhere.

"Well n-" My sentence gets cut off by a familiar person.

"She's going to be working tonight, Espio" Knuckles responded for me, with a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Knuckles, it's been forever! I was just talking to y/n" Espio greeted him.

"Yea, she's the best that's why I hired her" Knuckles replied through gritted teeth.

"Well let's get to business!" Espio smiled sitting down on the work couch. He patted a seat next to him for me to sit and I complied.

I could tell Knuckles was having none of it.

He looked mad.

This can't be good.