Part 20:

Pryce

"Jo you should go home get some sleep." I said as i rubbed her shoulder.

"I'm fine." she said as she continued to stare at Lucas.

"Looking at him isn't gonna magically wake him up Josephine." Nicole said I looked down because I knew jo was finna snap at her.

"bit-

before she could finish the machines started beeping out of control and Lucas's eyes opened and his body started going crazy like he was having a seizure.

"get the nurse!" Josephine yelled as she caressed his face. "I'm right here." she said. A doctor and couple nurses came inside and moved jo out of the way.

"what are you doing?" she asked.

"ms. Wallace you cannot be in here." a nurse said as she escorted her out and I followed.

"no I'm a certified doctor I should be allowed in there!" she snapped.

"I'm sorry ms.wallace." she said and walked off. I sighed and walked over to her.

"Jo-

"Don't." she said and walked off.

A nigga can't win for shit.

Cortez

I walked in the hospital hoping for some good news, I lost joy ion think I can do it if I lose my brother too.

"hey." Nicole said as she walked up to me.

"wassup." I said as I looked around.

"how are you?" she asked.

"straight, where is everybody?" I asked.

"Pryce is sleeping my mom went to get coffee and jo went to check on Kingston." she said.

"she named the baby." I said while looking down at her.

"yeah I thought it was real sweet of her to do that."

"so any news?" I asked.

"no Lucas is in surgery again he had some kind of seizure doctor says that's a good sign considering he's basically brain dead," Nicole said as she looked down.

"he gon pull through." I said as I rubbed her arm.

"can we talk outside?" She asked, I nodded and we walked outside.

"wassup?" I asked.

"I think we should talk about what happened." she said, I but my lip and sighed, after my little incident I fucked up literally, I fucked Nicole and one rule Lucas has is nobody fucks with his sister and I did when he wake up he gon kill me.

"aye it ain't mean nothing no reason to trip right?" I asked.

"yeah but your Lucas's bestfriend and I just want to make sure we're on the same page about everything." She shrugged.

"which is.."

"it never happened you were grieving and I was a rebound." she said.

"Nicky that's not what it was." I said while scrunching my face up.

"if you keep telling yourself it you'll actually believe it." She said and walked off before I could get anything out, I blew air out my mouth and ran my hands down my head. I can't help but feel guilty not about Lucas but with joy wasn't that like cheating in some kinda way? My phone started ringing and I pulled it out but it wasn't my phone then I remembered I kept Joy's phone I pulled it out and answered it.