𝒊𝒊𝒊. burn away your sorrows

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
[ iii. three ! ]
❛ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴏʀʀᴏᴡs ❜

          CHANTARA (OR, FROM NOW ON: TARA) hated men

          CHANTARA (OR, FROM NOW ON: TARA) hated men. She was aware that hate was a strong word, but she was also aware that it was just what she felt. People, in particular, she disliked, but during her sixteen years of living, she realized that men were the worst. Because the only ones she had been around all her life were either privileged assholes with silver spoons up their butts, or heartless assholes who only knew how to throw a good right hook.

Tara wasn't very keen on the thought of having her opinion changed (why would she?), but she did love a good challenge.

And a challenge it became as she studied the brunette man with the thick lashes who had helped her down the net. There was something familiar about his eyes. Not the kind of familiarity like she knew him on a personal level — she had no idea who he was — but the one in which she knew him on another level. A level she couldn't put words to. And she recognized the pit of darkness hiding behind his irises, because she had seen it in herself.

But what it was, she couldn't put her finger to. It was as if something was pulling her away from him; afraid of what she might find if she were to dig deeper. Because when it came to herself, Tara didn't want to know what hid within. She liked to view herself as a shell, rock hard on the surface and completely empty inside, for the sake that; if she didn't have a soul, there was nothing to harm. Nothing to lose.

Therefore the tensing of her shoulders, and hardening of her gaze around the brunette Dauntless member made her uneasy. Tara realized she wasn't afraid of him (there were only a few people who terrified her to her core) but afraid of what she might discover about herself.

A part from her past self had already been ripped from her, a distant and painful memory. On his demand, he had given her a new name: Tara. She liked it, it was tougher than her last one, and finally reflected the madness within. But what she didn't like was the fact that he had done it for her, he had effortlessly stripped her from her past — something she struggled with — and she envied him for it.

And envy was categorized with hate, so therefore she decided that she disliked him too. She was quick like that, placing the people she met into different categories (being: the ones I hate; dreadful to be around; moderately alright; friends-not-friends; not completely dreadful). Her family was in the lowest category, and the current person who held the highest rank was Edward — who was in friends-not-friends.

Adrian Cohen twiddled beside her, his stressed aura reaching over her shoulders, causing her to frown (she had categorized him in 'dreadful to be around', the very first day she'd met him). He too had transferred to Dauntless, along with his twin brother. She didn't think Adrian was one to chose the warrior Faction, due to his lack of physical built — but who was she to judge? Maybe, he would surprise her.