The Battles

Percy

"Minerva!" I yelled getting her attention as I walked over to her with Ginny walking next to me.

"Percy, please tell me you have a plan." said Minerva with a hint of worry breaking her calm facade for the students.

"Good idea forming the protective barrier and I see you've activated the stone soldiers. They'll be extremely helpful in fighting the monsters that will no doubt be here. I need you to send word to the students to have their weapons with them. The ones I trained them with before you know..." I stated trailing off.

Minerva nodded and told a Hufflepuff student to spread to word. She looked confused but didn't question it.

"This side seems pretty secure, but what about the bridge in the back?" I asked.

"Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Finnegan have it covered. They are going to blow the bridge, that way the only way in is through this main bridge." she informed.

"I will fight at the front alongside the stone soldiers. I want you to set up some sort of U shaped wall at this end of the bridge and keep everyone behind it. I want the students ready to raise hell on those Death Eaters and monsters that get pass the stone soldiers and I." I said.

"I pray we make it through this Percy." said Minerva.

"I swear it on the Styx that we will win this." I said confidently as thunder boomed in the distance.

"Percy..." trailed off Minerva as she knew the consequences of swearing on the Styx. "Then we will defeat Voldemort." she said.

I watched as the students rushed around, setting up their defenses, weapons strapped to their back or hip, and wands in their pockets. These kids did not deserve to be in this situation.

Just then a bright blue light his the protection charms which was followed shortly by a large boom. Minerva, Ginny, and I watched as the protection charms that surrounded Hogwarts deteriorated. That's when all Hades broke loose. Death Eaters started flying in and all sorts of monsters started charging the stone soldiers on the bridge.

I started firing spells at the Death Eaters while getting out of the open. I glanced over at the stone soldiers and they weren't faring too well. Cyclopses and earthborns charged the stone soldeirs head on while empousa and large spiders followed.

"Ginny cover me! I'm going for the bridge!" I yelled to her. I didn't wait for a response as I pulled out my ballpoint pen and uncapped it. It elongated to its three foot long celestial bronze sword, Riptide. There were a few monsters that made it past the stone soldiers. I quickly cut down the cyclops that charged at me with his club. I sidestepped to the right, narrowly dodging a spear from an empousa.

"Sssson of Poseidon. Prepare to die." she said before sending a flurry of stabs at my torso. I successfully blocked all her strikes and jumped back, giving me some space. This time I was going to go on the offensive. I charged at her and feinted to the right with a slash and she fell for it dodging to the left where I prepare my next move. I quickly maneuvered Riptide to the left with a swing while lunging towards her cutting her head off as she exploded into golden dust.

As I turned around a hellhound pounced on me before I could react knocking me down. I was pinned under as It tried to bite my head off, but I kept its jaws away from my face just barely holding it back. It started to overpower me due to its sheer size over me. This is the end? To a gods damned hellhound?

Just then a knife was embedded into the skull of the hellhound covering me in a layer of gold dust. I looked to see who my savior was and it was none other than GInny.