27🔥 "Look at her neck"

Yoongi wouldn't describe himself as rebellious, he never before went again the current or went out of his way to disobey his superiors.

Though now as he searches through information he knows he shouldn't be going through, or have access too, he can't help but notice the giddy feeling bubbling inside of him.

Songs were right, sometimes doing the wrong thing does feel right.

It only made Yoongi believe that he must have been a criminal in his past life, or maybe even another universe, because he knows he loves the feeling coursing through his veins at the moment.

Hoseok? He doesn't know, since the younger was invested in reading the information, the articles, word for word.

Maybe they both were criminals in another life, who knows.

They had found the articles pointing to Akane and Joonwae, the ones that laid out what happened and other news that surrounded the school that week. Akane and Joonwae's deaths were approximately 18 years ago, when Yoongi was 5 and Hoseok 4, the year 2002.

"Akane Saito and Kang Joonwae, Joonwae was 21 and Akane was 19 when they died," Hoseok stated, he was sitting criss crossed, Yoongi facing him with his legs in the same position.

Yoongi stared at him, "Akane was that young?"

Hoseok nodded, handing the article to Yoongi and moving on to the next one, "It says that they were found in Akane's bedroom, from the guards-"

"How did the guards even know to go?"

"Their friends," Hoseok replied, "they said they hadn't seen them that whole day so the guards went to check. They went to Joonwae's room and he wasn't there, then they went to Akane's and found them both. Th-they were holding each other, Akane's skin was blue from freezing to death and Joonwae was burned so bad some of his flesh was coming off." Hoseok took a deep breath after, staring at Yoongi.

Yoongi felt his heart beat seize for a moment in his chest before it started beating rapidly, that sounded awful.

"So after they found them they permanently banned contact between fire and frost?" Yoongi inquired, Hoseok nodding though his eyebrows were furrowed, "What is it?"

"This picture," he handed it to Yoongi, the date under it reading April 8, 2002, 2 months before Akane and Joonwae died, "he had his arms wrapped around her, they were both smiling and their friends were surrounding them."

Yoongi examined the picture, Joonwae was back hugging Akane, his chin on her shoulder and the biggest of smiles on his face.

They looked... happy.

"Okay, they're holding each other-"

"Look at her neck," Hoseok instructed, Yoongi sighing before staring closely at Akane's neck.

Lord and behold, there was a dark purple bruise on her neck, slightly hidden by her long hair but could still be noticed if you really looked. Yoongi looked back at Hoseok, "So it wasn't the first time-"

"If it is a hickey, then it means they had already done stuff before they had sex," Hoseok pointed out, leaning back against the wall behind him, "It doesn't make sense, you can't tell me Akane and Joonwae were the only two fire and frost elementals that had sex."

Hoseok did have a point there.

Yoongi shook his head softly, "There was still a law that said fire and frost shouldn't be too close to each other, it just wasn't as heavily enforced, and even if there were cases they could've hid them or just not said anything. It was frowned upon."

Hoseok hummed, "Akane wielded blue fire," he said softly, "Joonwae wielded normal ice."

Yoongi knew what Hoseok was hinting at, the fact that one wielded their superior kind of element and the other didn't. Hoseok was afraid, it was clearly visible, after reading about Akane and Joonwae for what felt like hours, it got to him. They died because they showed their love to each other, but what if that wasn't the case?

"I don't believe it," Yoongi stated, fixing his position and refraining from taking Hoseok's hands into his own, "if this is it, the simple truth, then why does everybody walk on eggshells when it comes to Akane and Joonwae? Hell, I had to threaten the librarian to even let us see this information, which means it goes deeper. Plus, they're hiding it on the floor students don't usually come too."

"Maybe it's because of sentiment-"

"Then we wouldn't learn about wars, or wouldn't have access to articles that are far darker than Akane and Joonwae's stories." Yoongi countered, showing Hoseok the photo again and pointing at the couple, "They're holding each other, Hoseok, didn't everyone say that fire and frost couldn't make contact? At all."

Hoseok sighed, it was the truth. Everything Yoongi was saying was the pure truth. If this was just some history, a traumatic accident that happened in the school, then why were the superiors trying so hard to hide it? Why didn't they want anybody to learn about it, to not repeat history?

As Hoseok remained deep in his thoughts, Yoongi stared at a piece of the floor, where part of it was hidden by a box. He moved closer, moving the box out of the way, when he did he noticed the floor shift. With a raised eyebrow Yoongi moved the floor board and grabbed the book that was hidden under it.

"What's that?" Hoseok inquired, Yoongi hummed while looking through it.

"A yearbook."

Hoseok was about to say okay and begin looking for more on the couple and their story, until Yoongi gasped and his eyes visibly widened.

"Yoongi?" Hoseok inquired, moving slightly closer to the ice elemental and peering at what just surprised him.

Only for Hoseok to have the same reaction.

In front of them, in this book they clearly attempted to hide, was another picture of Akane and Joonwae.

Kissing, with his hands on her cheeks and hers on his waist.

Hoseok and Yoongi took a surprised glance at each other both thinking the same thing.

What. The. Fuck.

a/n
Thank you for the birthday wishes, loves!❤

Akane Saito, 19 years old, Blue fire elemental

Kang Joonwae, 21 years old, frost elemental (pretend he has blue hair)

(pretend he has blue hair)