3. Shut Up Floorboards

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I was sitting next to two of my best friends. Clarke was still unconscious from a sedative they gave her but Wells saw me.

            "Rose?" He questions.

            "I've actually been going by Lacey now, but yeah it's me."

            I reach my hand across Clarke to take his hand. Tears fill his eyes and mine as well. For almost two years he's believed I was dead, I can't imagine how painful that must have been for him.

            "I thought..." He trails not able to say it.

            "I'm sorry, it was the only way I could keep myself safe."

            He lets out a breathy laugh, "I'm just glad you didn't get floated."

            "You and me both" I smile.

            Clarke's eyes slowly open and I pull my hand away from Wells. She looks to me and throws her arms around me. Well, as best as she could.

            "I'm sorry." I say softly, "It was the only way."

            "I don't care," She tells me pulling away to see my face, "you're alive that's all that matters now." Clarke turns her head to the side and notices Wells, "Wells, why the hell are you here?" She snapped.

            "When I found out they were sending prisoners to the ground, I got myself arrested. I came for you." He replied.

            The whole drop ship shook, everyone's startled voices filled the room as we entered the atmosphere.

            "What was that?" Clarke asked.

            "The atmosphere." I replied.

            Screens around the drop ship turned on and Jaha's face appeared on each one.

            "Prisoners of The Ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."

            What a nice man, I'm sure everyone in here loved this message.

            "Your dad is a dick, Wells."

            "Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean."

            Yeah, that applies to everyone but me, since I'm supposed to be dead. What the hell will happen if they find out I'm alive?

            "The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."