Chapter 6: Fears and Cowardice

TRIGGER WARNING:
harassment, violence, blood

This chapter includes some inappropriate/triggering events that may cause discomfort to some readers. Please proceed with caution.

**

"They told you not to dance with demons, but my love, you wear rebellion well." —Ariana Reines

**

THERE is a story about a girl... They call her an epitome of light.

However, unlike what people tell her she is, she felt more like a blank paper. She wanted ink to be carved upon her delicate skin. Yet to be written on, is to be tainted.

If she will have ink scribbled on her frail pages, it will also mean that a shadow would be casted upon her light. Everyone told her that it is foolish to desire being blemished but there is something about fire that attracts the moth.

And she has always craved for it.

"Taehyung?" Jisoo is getting off early from her shift when she notices his familiar figure walking across the street with his hoodie on.

It's been a day since his attempt at the rooftop. She always messages him but he keeps telling her off (although he still replies) and never really went to the convenience store for the lunch she offered.

Instead of walking straight to go home, she unconsciously followed his steps and took a round at the corner where he did, "Taehyung!" she called again but he didn't hear her or maybe, ignored her purposely.

Jisoo's forehead creased as she jogged to keep up with his pace only to notice that they were taking the path back to the old building the other day.

He is not doing that again, is he?

She quietly followed him but he stopped just before he lifted the yellow taped barricade. Because of the sudden halt, she bumped on his back. Taehyung lazily faced her with a frown on his face.

"Why are you following me, stalker?" he said, irritated while looking down because of their height difference.

Jisoo raised her head to face him, her eyes are wide, sparkling with a curious gaze of wonder, "Uhm, what are you going to do there?" she asked and peered over his shoulder, tiptoeing, her lips in a pout while gesturing to the old building.

Taehyung held her head and turned it to face him again, "None of your business," he gritted his teeth and leaned forward to her face, "Get lost."

Jisoo's eyes blinked a few times, "I don't want to get lost," she said innocently. She tilted her head and stared at him, "How will I go home if I get lost?" she grinned at him.

Taehyung backed away quickly as if he was burnt and glared at her, "Are you really always playing dumb?" he asked.

"Huh?" her face plastered a genuine confused expression that made him ten times more frustrated.

He brushed his hand over his face before having a deep sigh, "Whatever," he decided to ignore her and he lifted the barricade to go under, passing through it. Jisoo quickly copied him and trailed along his back.

"You really are following me? Creep," he mumbled as they entered the building, going to the deteriorating stairs.

"I can't leave you alone," Jisoo answered while looking around. Last time, she didn't have a chance to observe the surroundings but now she noticed how dusty it is. Cobwebs and cracks are evident everywhere. Her eyes traveled back to Taehyung who was walking ahead of her, "I'm worried," she added.