Chapter 13: Too Selfish (Part Two)

"DO YOU always eat here?" Jinyoung walked over Taehyung with a smug look on his face the moment Jisoo left.

Taehyung really wanted to wipe off his smile with a strong punch but decided it's probably not the best choice now.

He gritted his teeth to control his temper and just glared at him, "None of your fucking business."

"Is she your next target?" Jinyoung squinted his eyes at Taehyung. The latter laughed mockingly and glanced at him.

"Are you sure you are asking that?" Taehyung stretched his arms and put it on the back of his head, "Because I should be the one to ask," he paused and smirked at him.

"Is she your next target, Mr. Good guy?" he uttered with a knowing tone they both understand.

Jinyoung balled his hand into a fist and licked his lower lip. "Good guy, huh," he repeated, "So that's my nickname to you? Stop giving me too much credit, bastard."

Taehyung clicked his tongue and stood up. He walked to Jinyoung with a deadly glare.

"I am not good with shitty words. I prefer my fist do the talking but I bet you'll just run to your mother and hide behind her, trembling like a scaredy cat you have always been," his smug smile inviting for a fight.

Jinyoung grabbed him by his collar and was about to punch him when they heard Jisoo's steps and voice approaching.

"Hey, I found a coke-in-can at the top row but I can't reach it—" Jinyoung let go of him with force and quickly faced the direction where Jisoo is coming, acting like nothing happened.

Taehyung tsk-ed and rolled his eyes realizing that of course, Jinyoung will again pretend to be the perfect man he is. His nails dig into his palm because of how much he is trying to control his temper.

It's quite surprising he hasn't punched him yet.

"—can someone help me?" Jisoo finally appeared with a small smile in front of them.

"Where is it? I'll get it," Jinyoung softly said.

Taehyung's jaw tightened and his glares became sharper. He always hated his fake demeanor and he is also not liking the implication of his actions towards Jisoo recently.

This fraud is obviously hitting on her, he thought.

"Over there—"

"Hey," Taehyung cut Jisoo off and she instantly looked at him. He gulped. She finally looked at him. She didn't say anything and he figured she wouldn't so he continued.

"I'm thirsty," he said.

"Oh," she uttered and pursed her lips, "I already gave you a water bottle earlier—"

"I want a coke-in-can too," Jisoo stared at him for seconds. She was confused with the way Taehyung is behaving but she just shrugged it off before answering him.

"Okay, we'll be getting two coke in cans," she gave him a tight smile before showing Jinyoung to the refrigerator on the other side of the store.

"So when did you start your part time job?" Jinyoung suddenly asks while they are walking in the aisle. Before Jisoo can answer, a grumpy voice interjects.

"Nosy," Taehyung commented.

Jisoo looked at her back to see that he was following them. Her brows furrowed. Usually, he just orders her around to get things for him because he said that he's too lazy to even stand. It is new that Taehyung stood up.

Their eyes met and he raised his brow at her, giving her the 'What?' look. She widened her eyes at him but he just scoffed at her.

Jisoo elbowed Taehyung and gave an awkward smile at Jinyoung before answering, "Months ago. I was originally doing tutorials but our org suddenly closed so I ended up being a cashier."