11.

The next day came around and I had the day off from working on the moisture farm. I was preparing myself for my meeting with my new acquaintance, Krista, and her friends. I attached my lightsaber to my belt, underneath a light tunic and out of sight, like I said, I never left the farm without it. So I hopped into my starfighter and flew to the coordinates I was given the day before. I had kept the starfighter (that I stole) clean and well maintained, in case I ever needed to make a quick get away again. I had repainted it and changed it's boring silver and orange, to a sky blue with a red stripe down the side.

The location I was sent wasn't too far from the farm, but it was probably the furthest out I had been. As I came in to land on the dusty sand dunes, I could see Krista and two others below me. They had arrived in their own vessel but marvelled at mine when I got out.

"Where did you get that!?" Krista asked, an excited look across her face

"I, um, it's a story for another time." I said to change the subject.

"Right then. Delta, these are my companions Edric and Rosa." Krista pointed at the two people beside her. They gave me one of those 'nice to meet you' nods.

Edric was a young man with dark brown hair and brown eyes, with freckles peppered across his cheeks and nose. And Rosa was short and sweet, with her long red hair pinned up into two high ponytails.

"So what are we actually doing, why are we here?" I asked.

"I'm surprised you didn't see it when you flew in. Come on, follow me." Krista grabbed my wrist and dragged me forward, up a steep and gritty sand dune. At the top she stopped and pointed out at what was below.

I'm front of me, at the bottom of the sloping sand, was the ruins of a great palace. The walls were partially collapsed and sand was pouring into the circle windows. The structures holding up the roof were exposed to the beating suns, the skeleton of the once magnificent building, lay lifeless in the desert.

Krista, Rosa and Edric all went running to the sandy descent towards the abandoned palace doors. I stayed still for a moment, admiring the stunning remains.

"Come on then! What are you waiting for?!" Rosa shouted you to me. I snapped out of my trance and ran down the slope after them.

We ventured into the ruins through a smashed window. As soon as I was inside, I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of the palace. Inside there was loads of old bits of technology and machinery, all coated in a thick layer of dust and sand. Forgotten bits of droids poked out of little sand piles, as if reaching for help.

"What is this place?" I asked, taking in my surroundings.

"Haven't got a clue. We stumbled across it one day and reckoned we could get some good loot out of it." Krista replied.

Then, we got to work. Edric chucked me a bag full of tools and equipment. We went around the palace, taking things apart, looting bits that might be worth something and stripping any technology bare. Honestly, it was quite fun; I had never ever been rebellious, yet there I was, taking what wasn't mine out of an ancient palace.

At one point, I used my seeking ability to help us.
"Where abouts would the they keep gems and jewels in a place like this?" Rosa asked herself.

"Down the corridor, behind the doors on your left." I immediately answered.

"Wow, um how did you know that!?"

"Uhhh, just a feeling." I replied cautiously.

We practically stripped the place of anything valuable, filling a couple of bags worth of stuff. Stuff like, droid parts, console boards and other techie or mechanical bits. We even found a few jewels and bits of 'treasure'. It was only as we were leaving that we ran into trouble.