forty two

{downhill}

10:58am

Jungkook and Taehyung sat side by side on the living room floor, leaning into each other as their eyes trained on the television screen. They had dragged the duvet out into the main area, pulling it over their heads like a protective barrier from the outside world as they sat cross legged on the carpet. 

Outside the wind howled against the windows, the rain coming down fast as the occasional rubble from the sky pulled their attention away from the movie. 

Neither of them had spoken about that kiss... it's not like they were regretting it, but more so they didn't feel the need to talk about it. Jungkook had never been in a real relationship, he didn't even feel a big need for it, so as long as Taehyung was by his side he was happy enough with just the male's company. 

The television screen lit up the two boy's faces as they watched the characters move about. And even though it was a horror movie, Jungkook had a bored expression on his face. Things were always too predictable in these kinds of films... each character would be killed off one by one until only one or two remained. He let out a quiet chuckle with a smug smirk on his face. 

Seated beside him, Taehyung reached into the popcorn bowl, tossing a few pieces into his mouth. Jungkook would've found it annoying, but the storm outside was muffling the boy's chewing and moving about. It was obvious that Taehyung was just as bored as he was, the blue haired male looking down at his phone with a frown. 

Jungkook rose a brow, reaching over the male's form as he dug a hand inside the popcorn bowl, "Who are you texting?" He asked, tossing the food into his mouth before leaning back on his hands. 

Taehyung heaved a sigh as he switched off his phone, "I was texting Jimin... but he stopped replying all of a sudden."

"Maybe he's talking with Yoongi."

"Probably." Taehyung shrugged, eyes flickering back up to the horror movie on screen. 

Jungkook's boredom only droned on as the movie continued, the jump scares less scary then even the thunder and hammering rain outside. Sweeping a hand through his hair, Jungkook pursed his lips, "This movie's dumb- HEY!?" Jungkook flinched back as he felt popcorn hit the side of his face. 

Taehyung only laughed, "Wasn't it you who suggested it in the first place?" He reached inside the popcorn bowl once again, fishing out another piece before tossing it at Jungkook's face. 

The brunette dodged just in the nick of time, "Don't deny that you're just as bored!" Jungkook chuckled, a bright grin working its way across his face as he shielded his face from Taehyung's random popcorn attacks. 

It was safe to say a full blown popcorn war broke out... well... more like a one sided war. Both men shot to their feet, but Taehyung was the only one with a bowl of popcorn, shielding it protectively in his arms as he tossed piece after piece of popcorn in Jungkook's direction. 

He found himself snorting a laugh as Jungkook cursed with each piece that managed to hit him, advancing forwards slowly as the other began to retreat. But the tables were quick to turn as Jungkook let out a humorous war cry, charging forwards as Taehyung let out a high pitched screech. 

The popcorn bowl was sent flying into the air as Jungkook took a hold of Taehyung's wrists, sending them both flying off their feet and landing onto the soft carpet. Taehyung's back hit the floor, the male laughing too hard to care about the slight pain. Jungkook's hands were positioned either side of Taehyung's head, and when the male finally snapped out of his state of laughter he froze at the close proximity.