29

Poe's POV

Yavin IV is just like how I remember it, the air just as crisp as when I left and the terrain just as green. The stone pyramids poke out of the top of the multitude of trees, but it all feels different with Elise by my side, a good different, a new start in a place that brings some painful memories. 

"I should get settled in my home and get your stuff ready, I bet my wife will be excited." Doc says, surprising us. "You have a wife?" Elise says, just as surprised as me, he has never mentioned anything of her. 

"Of about 20 years, yes. Why don't you go see Kes, Poe. He'll be happy." Doc says while slapping the side of my arm and walking off to the speeders where he'll go to his home and Elise leads me to them as well. 

"We don't need a speeder, it's close enough. I'll show you around." I say with a smile to Elise and she gives me a sly smile back. "You're stalling." She says and I laugh while taking her delicate fingers into mine. 

"I would never, I don't know where you would even get that." I say and she rolls her eyes and follows me through the pebble roads to where the center of the town is. About 95% of the people who live here were once Rebels and the other percent is their children and grandchildren, meaning the whole area was centered around that part. Signs to join the Resistance were scattered all around the shops and smiles were cemented onto the familiar workers here. 

Everyone knows me around here, always the troublesome boy who would get in their way but sweet talk his way out of it. As we're walking, with Elise's attention on everything around her, I hear a whistle from my favorite shop when I was little. 

"Poe Dameron, is that you." I hear an old woman's voice say and I instantly turn to see if it was who I thought it was. "Leanna, holy kriff!" I say as I walk up to her, letting go of Elise's hand. She immediately tackles me into a bone crushing hug. "Where have you been! Us oldies were wondering where our favorite moody teenager went all those years ago." She says, grabbing my cheeks just like she used to. Her petit frame is the same as when I left, hair only a little more grey, but her voice sounds exactly the same. 

"Well I had a few stop before I made it there, but around 5 years ago I went to the Resistance as a pilot. I am surprised you never heard my name." I tell her and follow her into her little food market, "Oh they never give names in their little updates, but I did hear rumors. Following in your parents footsteps huh? That's my boy." She says and I laugh nodding.

"Now who is this pretty little thing." she says motioning to Elise who was hiding behind me, "Oh this is El-" but before I could finish she puts her hand out and cuts me off, typical Elise. "I'm Elise Kenobi." She says with a smile and Leanna's face lights up. 

"You're Kayleigh's and Mav's girl right?" She says and Elise brightly smiles, something I still get stunned by looking at. "Oh I knew those lovebirds back in the rebellion days, your father and Kes got into some trouble together. Just like you Poe." She mentions and Elise gives me a side smile.

"I am definitely not complaining, but why are you back?" She asks and Elise and I stare at each other, not really knowing what to say. "Oh, uh, I just wanted Elise to meet my dad, I also haven't seen him since I last saw you." I say, obviously hiding something. 

"Did little Poe Dameron finally get a girlfriend? Did you know that his entire life on Yavin he never had a girlfriend, not even a fake one so that he could say he had one!" She says to Elise who finds that absolutely hilarious, but I pull Elise out of the shop so we could conquer my dad.

"Byeee Leanna." I say pulling Elise away before she could get even more embarrassing. "I was having fun back there, party pooper." Elise says, grabbing onto my hand again and I roll my eyes with a smile. "I forgot how much I missed the people here." 

----

I was standing In front of my childhood home, staring at the door, paralyzed. I couldn't knock, I was too scared. The brown exterior was still the same, my mother's flower garden somehow still alive, thanks to my father. "You can do it, I'll be right here." Elise says from behind me, putting her hand on my back. And I do it, I put my hand on the door and knock. 

The seconds go by slowly and after knocking a few times, I give up, defeated. "I'm sure he's somewhere-" Elise says, trying to comfort me but is cut off. 

"Poe?" we hear a soft voice say from behind us and when I turn around there he is. He was holding two brown bags, obviously just went shopping and he looked almost the same. But I could tell that time didn't do him well, his curly brown hair is now a light grey all over and he had obviously lost some weight. 

"Hi dad." I say, freezing in my spot, neither of us saying anything else, he seemed beyond shocked. I could see his eyes fitting over Elise in confusion. "I'm Elise." She says quietly and walks up to him, shaking his hand. Realization went over his features when she said that, "Are you Kayleigh's Elise." He said emotion all over his features and she shyly nods.

"Well why don't you guys come in." He says, walking up to the door and struggling to open the door since he had bags. "Here I'll help." I say grabbing the keys from him awkwardly and opening the door to my old home. When I walk in the house is exactly the same, almost to a point that it is scarily similar. 

When he puts the bags of food down on the counter he ushers us to the family room, sitting on his chair and leaving us the love seat. "What brings you back home?" He asks me and I obviously stumble on my thoughts so Elise starts for me. "Oh well, as you know we just won the war. Poe thought it would be a good time to go visit his home, and show me my old home." She says and he smiles. 

"Yeah I remember when your mother and father lived back here, it was a great time. So you both were with the Resistance?" He says, and that shocks me, I thought he would've known. "Oh yeah, I joined around 5 years ago and she joined when First Order took over Religne." I tell him and he looks worried. "Oh don't worry my mother is fine, I don't think anything is going to kill her at this point." Elise says, causing my dad to laugh loudly, probably knowing how stubborn she is. 

"And actually, when Leia passed she left old Black Leader here in charge. He's the General now." She says, looking at me proudly and my dad's jaw drops. "Wow that's so impressive. I'm so proud." He says and I smile at him, "Thanks dad." 

"So I hate to pry but I can't help myself, are you two together?" He asks carefully and Elise smiles and looks at me to answer. "Uh yeah, we have been for about a year now. And actually the real reason we came back here is because Doc told us we have to." I say and he looks confused, "Elise is pregnant." His eyes immediately grow super wide and eyebrows raise.

"Oh shit, I wasn't expecting that, that's crazy. Congratulations." He says and Elise smiles at him, "Thank you, actually my mother should be coming by tomorrow. She will be crazy when we tell her." Elise says and I laugh, it will be very crazy.

"Well I wish you the best of luck on that one, if she's anything like how she used to be Poe will be in for a treat. In fact when my wife told her she screamed in joy and called her a "dirty whore" so that's a fond memory." He jokes with us, causing Elise to burst out in laughter, "Oh my god." I say, burying my face in my hands. 

"Well we don't have to meet with Doc until tomorrow morning for my tests, so we would love to join you for dinner if you don't mind." Elise asks nicely and my dad jumps excitedly to his feet. 

"Oh I would love that, I haven't had a guest in so long." He says and that bring sadness to me, I truly left him all alone. "Well if we're not too troublesome, could we stay here until we have our own home figured out?" I ask him, fiddling with my thumbs and leaning against the countertop that looks into the kitchen where he's making dinner. 

"Oh of course Son, this is just as much your home as it is mine, stay as long as you want." He says with a big smile on his face.

"So. I want to hear all about your stories in the Resistance." He says and Elise and I smile at each other.

AN: Hello readers, thank you so much for the votes they make me so happy! I hope everyone is doing good in the crazy time and if there are any class of 2020 readers my heart goes out to you, I am still a junior but it's hard seeing all my friends be so upset.