🔶 17 - Best Friend 🔶

KRIIING!

The last bell rang, a signal for the students' dismissal time. When their last period ended, all the students immediately packed up their things and excitedly exited their classrooms, running towards the main door of the school building. Meanwhile, Api and Angin were silently walking through the hallway, making their way towards the main door.

"Oh man! Another weekend! Can't you believe that?" Angin cheerfully said, nudging Api on his shoulder.

The fire elemental turned to his friend, smiling at him. "Yeah.." He replied, chuckling lightly. "Time flies so fast." He added, grinning slightly.

As they reached the main door and left the school building, Api's crimson eyes roamed around the waiting area. His heart sunk after seeing a couple of his schoolmates, walking home along with their siblings. His eyes then glanced around again, hoping that he'll see his big brother, Cahaya but unfortunately, he didn't.

The fire elemental sighed deeply. 'Why am I even waiting for him..?' He thought, looking down at the ground gloomily. 'It's not like he would remember me at all..' He added, looking back at his schoolmates with their siblings, a feeling of jealousy hit him.

"Hey, are you alright, Api?" Angin asked, looking at his friend worriedly.

Api faked a smile as he turned to him. "Yeah, everything's fine." He responded.

His wind elemental friend looked at him suspiciously as he thought otherwise. "I know you aren't, Api.." He stated, pursing his lips. "Tell me, what's bothering you? You can trust me." He added, a sad but sincere smile plastered on his face.

The red capped boy only sighed in defeat. "Honestly.." He started, looking back at his wind elemental friend. "Sometimes, I pretended to be okay because I don't want to annoy anyone with my problems."

Angin looked at Api, confused but still worried. "What do you mean, Api?" He softly asked.

"It's just..." The fire element gritted his teeth instead, his lips quivering with tears started forming from his eyes. "It hurts, Angin..." He said, his voice cracked up when he talked.

The wind element glanced at Api, stopping both of them from walking as he gave him a comforting hug. That's when Api couldn't take it anymore as he let his tears fall from his eyes, staining Angin's clothing but the latter didn't care. The fire element hugged his friend tight, his body shivered as he cried.

"I don't care if no one likes me. I wasn't created in this world to entertain anyone anyway..." The fire elemental said, hugging Angin a bit tighter as he couldn't bare the pain he's feeling on his chest. The wind elemental didn't budge at all as he let his friend bring his emotions out.

"Sometimes, I wish I could go back in life not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice."

Angin's heart dropped, hearing Api's cries as he broke down. He felt his pain, his sadness and his sufferings. He knew that his friend wasn't okay at all ever since they met. 

"It freaking hurts, Angin..." Api sobbed harder, his breath hitching. "I don't know what to do..." He mumbled, his tears continously flowing down his face. "I don't have anyone... They'll think that I'm acting so childish because I kept crying like this... They don't know I'm getting worse lately..."

Angin's brows furrowed, gently loosening the hug and placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Api," He softly called. "You're just... scared to tell people how much it hurts so you just kept it all to yourself." He stated, trying to calm his friend down. "But, now that you told about it to me," He gave Api a genuine smile. "I'm sure I can help you with it." He said, as he neatly fixed his friend's red cap. "I'm here for you, Api. I'm always here for you. Don't think you don't have anyone by your side. Because I'm here, your best friend, willing to help you with your problems."

The fire element looked at him, scanning his face and found him sincere about it. He curved a small smile. "Thank you, Angin." He genuinely said. "I'm so glad, and lucky to have a friend like you."

His wind elemental grinned. "No problemo~ Api." He said, smiling warmly. "See? You're smiling!" He cheerfully said, chuckling slightly.

"The smile on my face doesn't mean my life is now okay. I just... appreciate what I have." Api stated, chuckling lightly as he felt slightly better when his friend is there with him.

Angin's smile widened, slinging his arm around his friend's neck and continued walking their way home. "Let's go home."

Api wiped his tears off his eyes, now smiling as he felt a bit of happiness, and that's because of Angin. "Yeah." He replied, chuckling.

"By the way, you do look like a child who badly wants to beg his mom to buy his favorite toy when you cry~." Angin joked, trying to lighten his friend's mood up.

Api laughed at his response as he lightly shoved his head away. "I'm not!" He said, playfully rolling his eyes. His friend laughed along as well.

"Just kidding~"

Whenever Api is with his friend Angin, he couldn't help but feel so much better. He feels happy when he's around him. He makes him smile and laugh again whenever he feels down.

That's when Api thought...

A best friend is someone who makes you laugh, even when you think you'll never smile again.

====================================

Who agrees? We give Api more love? >:3 ❤️