Puppy

I finished putting my blonde hair back a little out of my face

I finished putting my blonde hair back a little out of my face. My heels already hurt me to wear. Nothing drinking can't help with.

I made my way out of my room to find Weston having trouble with his tie as he sat at the top of the stairs.

"Want some help buddy?" He nodded his head as he looked up at me.

I got down next to him and started fixing the tie that I learned how to when I was little. Dad had thought me how to do it and told me it would help one day to know how to do it.

"There now your good handsome." I smiled helping him to his feet.

"Are you going to leave us again." Weston was only 1 when I first left for boarding school. I would come home every now and then for holidays and birthdays when I could. He never really got to grow up with me and yet here he is asking if I was leaving.

"I'm never leaving you." I tapped his nose making him laugh as he wrapped his arms around me.

I picked him up carrying him down with me.

"You look beautiful" my mom said as I let Weston down to run around. She was trying to get me happy again...well it's not working. I nodded my head and moved to go to the bar.

I grabbed dads most expensive bottles of whiskey and pored myself a glass. He wouldn't mind I don't think and honestly I don't care if he did. I'd drink all his expensive liquor if it pissed him off.

"Hey no drinking." Kegan grabbed the glass out of my hand and pulled it far away from me.

"Kegan!"

"Your only 18 Dash" he laughed putting the glass to his lips.

"And I still managed to get engaged before you." I grabbed the glass and pulled it out of his grip.

"Come on I kno-"

"Don't." I put my finger up to him and downed the whiskey before putting my hand down allowing him to continue.

"It may not be that bad." He took my glass again making sure that I don't get more.

"Really being married off to a family of cold killers isn't a bad thing?"

Kegan rolled his eyes at me and leaned closer to the bar.

"I'm your big brother Ruby do you really think I'll let you down?"

I rolled my eyes as he chuckled before walking off.

The doorbell went off and that's when I went to reach for the bottle again but Kegan had taken it with out me seeing.

"Damnit" I huffed turning around to face the wall.

I heard my mother and father talking to our guests. A man and a woman who I remember as Mr. and Mrs Salvatore we're speaking. "Our son is on his way he just got a little carried away with some work." Mrs. Salvatore said walking with my mother. I could see them now making there way into the common room.

"And this is my daughter Ruby." My mother smiled pulling Mrs. Salvatore to me.

"Oh darling you have grown! Last time I saw you was when you were this high." She put her hand to her knees showing that I was a small kid the last time she saw me.

I put on a fake smile on my face to please my mother.

"Hello."

"Aww your beautiful darling I know Colton is going to love you." I wanted to throw up truly. Who the hell said that anyway? It was like I was a puppy that they were giving to their son for Christmas. but I pushed the feeling down and kept my smile.

"Ruby O'Ryan my have you grown." I smiled to Mr. Salvatore who already had a glass in his hand. Lucky ass

"Mr. Salvatore. It's nice to see you two again."

"Yes well Colton my boy will be here soon. I know he's waiting to meet you." Kill me.

"Well why don't we all get a drink and talk for a while. We all have some catching up to do!" Dad said with a clap of his hands.

Dinner came around and there was still no Colton. His mother wasn't to happy and kept calling him.

"I'm going to get a drink would anyone like anything?" I asked politely as I got up.

"I'll take another dear." My mother asked holding up her glass. I took it and went into the room where the bar was.

I had found the bottle of whiskey that Kegan hid. Pops told him to put it back and it was back now in it's place.

Leaning over the bar I tried to reach for it but it was really far back.

"Need some help?"

I jumped back fast and pulled my dress down that was almost on my hips now. My cheeks went red as I turned to see a gorgeous man standing there looking over me like I was a gift.

His dark gray eyes stayed put on me as he drank me in.  I don't think wearing a thong was a good idea anymore...

I was shaking at his look. Something about it set my body off in so many ways.

He had dark black hair that was short on the sides and long on top. I wondered how it would feel to run my fingers through that...wait what the hell was I saying!

"W-who the hell are you."

"Tisk tisk." He hissed walking closer to me with his hands in his suite pockets. His tall frame put my 5'4 height to shame. I also was small compared to him with his big arms and chest. Was this man carved by god himself? I mean he had the jaw that could cut if it needed to.

"I won't take such words from my soon to be wife."

And all feeling that I could have for this man went out the door.

"Shit."