Chapter 2

Just decided to give a heads up of what Gavin would look like...Hope You enjoy the story. Please don't forget to comment and like!!!!

*~*~*~*~*

The morning came and she awoke refreshed in her bed.  Sitting up she saw Maude readying her gown.

“Where is father, Maude?” she asked.

“Good Morn Lass, your father is out hawking with yer uncle and Lord Gavin.”

Standing she walked over to sit and have her hair combed. Quickly she got dressed and walked out the door. Not before being warned to be on her best behavior. She bounced joyfully down the stairs into the greathall  bumping into Moira the laundress with a basket of clothes.

“GoodMorn, Moira” She  giggled twirling in circle around the heavy set woman.

“Lass, where are you off to now?” Moira stopped and frowned watching black bouncy curls run to the kitchen.

The warm gush of air met her face as she sat at the table and waited to be served her porridge.

Grimm the cook wiped his hands on his shirt looking at her and wagging his fingers.

"Now you look here little one. I am making your da’s favorite supper I don’t want yer fingers in me pot.” 

Holding a steaming pot of potatoes he walked out the back door.  A bowl was placed before her and two blue eyes filled with  shards of anger stared at her. Looking at Beatrice she could see how she was still fuming with anger of having mud dumped on her head after their little argument in the courtyard. 

Brienna glanced down at her bowl clearing her throat she began to apologize.

“Forgive me Beatrice for dumping mud on you, it wont happen again?” She gently held her wooden spoon and began to eat.

“I don’t know what bloody demon gets into you sometimes child, that Alice just lets you run a muck in this keep. What you need is a sound thrashing.”  Beatrice continued without weighing her words.

“t’is a good thing your da has returned maybe you will right yourself from doing so much mischief. Thank the heavens above your mother is not here to see you act in such a fashion.”

Her throat constricted.  Anger boiled her blood at what Beatrice was saying.

Turning Beatrice continued with her chatter.

“I say Lord Hugh needs to really curb ye ways.” She turned to continue stirring some food in a pot.

Turning Beatrice let out a shattering screech feeling warm liquid being dumped on her chest and the fiery hazel eyes of Brienna  staring up at her.

“And you need to curb you tongue," She snapped.

Turning she walked out of the kitchen leaving a crying Beatrice in a mess of warm porridge  and all the kitchen staff shaking their heads.

Storming out the greathall into the courtyard she bumped into Edward her best friend.

“Brienna” he gleemed.  I was just coming to get you.”

Looking at her he could tell she was bothered or upset.

“ What is wrong?” He frowned noticing her hesitation to tell why she was upset.

Shrugging off her silence he followed her off to the stables. Quickly their silence became giggles of laughter. She explained to him while he sat in awe at her dumping porridge on Beatrix ......again.