Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Wednesday, March 28th.

"Hey, Carson!"

          I closed my locker shut to find one of my classmates, Ella, standing beside my locker. Her strawberry blonde hair, as always, were curled nicely to frame her heart-shaped face. She was smiling up at me, the kind of smile people to gave to one another just before they asked them to do a favour. It was sort of odd considering the fact that Ella was one of the most popular girls in our grade, perhaps the entire school. Not that I had any beef with her, I hardly had any problems with anybody at this school, but she never talked to me unless it involved me helping her with a difficult math equation.

          I smile anyways. "Hey, Ella," I replied. "What's up?"

          "Same old, same old," she said. "But hey! You didn't come out for soccer tryouts a few weeks ago! What happened?"

          "Yeah, I don't think I have time for extra curricular activities anymore..."

          Ever since Vincent got back to Canada, my mind sort of forgotten about all my extra curricular activities that I usually did ever year.  However, it didn't really bother me that much considering the fact that I already put too much on my University application. Besdies, I was actually trying to take everybody's advice by just "living" a little. It was sort of relaxing just going home straight after school and not having to worry about a single thing except for my homework. 

          Ella pouted. "That sucks," she stated. "Do you think you'll be able to still be part of the newspaper?"

          A soft laughed escaped my lips as a group of girls from my class waved to me while making their way to their homerooms. I acknowledged them by simply nodding. I then fixed my attention back to Ella who was still pouting. 

          "I might go to the meeting next week but I think I'll send in a few articiles through e-mail." I shrugged. "I guess I want to take things easy for the next few months of school."

          Ella chuckled. "That's really odd!" She said with a grin. "I mean, for the last three years you've been really active in the school community! I mean, what's keeping you busy? A boyfriend, perhaps?" She looked at me with raised eyebrows and that's when something clicked inside my head.

          Was she trying to get some information from me?

          My eyes widened. "Boyfriend?" I echoed. 

          "You know--" Ella began nudging on the arm with her elbow. -- your boyfriend, Vincent Gray?"

          I bit my lips, not wanting to say anything.

          "Oh, how rude of me." Ella put a hand to her chest. "I shouldn't be prying into your businesses but can I just ask one thing?"

          I nodded slowly.

          "What is it like knowing a celebrity?" Ella looked up to me with hopeful eyes.

          I chuckled. "I don't see Vincent as a celebrity," I answered. "I just see him as Vincent."

          Ella sighed. "You're so lucky for knowing Vincent Gray and the rest of the members of Ever After," she stated. "I mean, if God would have only told me that Vincent would end looking that fine in a matter of two years, I would have probably sat beside him in one of the classes we shared in grade nine and ten." She sighed again as she looked off to the distance. After a few seconds, she then fixed her big blue eyes back to me. "I'm serious, Carson," she said. "Vincent is so cute. I'd tap that ass any day--"