Results

"Wait really? What was it like, to work there?" Kara asked, stopping Reyna. Reyna shrugged. "It was really cool to be in an environment with so many other female scientists, but as I said, it didn't last long. Besides, I can't say much about it because most of what I did see is top secret. Why do you ask?" Reyna wondered about Kara's sudden curiosity. She knew Kara didn't understand much when it came to physics. "Well, um..." Kara trailed off, adjusting her glasses. "Since your internship was put on hold, a lot more flowers showed up on my body. And they all came at once like my soulmate was in a big accident or something. When you said your internship was put on hold due to a medical situation, I started thinking." Reyna stopped cleaning the side of the espresso machine and looked at Kara. "You think that maybe this person is your match?" She asked. "Yeah, maybe," Kara said, meeting Reyna's eyes. Reyna twisted the sponge she was holding in her hands. "Oh. Well, I'd love to tell you more about my internship, but I can't break any university rules or I'll lose my scholarship. How about I re-read the contract I signed, so I can check what I can tell you?" She chewed on the inside of her cheek, wishing she could offer more. "That would be amazing," Kara replied. "I'm just glad you're willing to help." "Of course." Reyna smiled. "Anything for a friend."

"You know who this woman is?" Maggie asked as she pointed at her screen.

Alex nodded, biting her lip. "Yes. That's Kara. Kara Danvers." A huge wave of relief raced through Alex's body. She didn't have to keep the secret any longer. And she was right.

"I'm sorry, Danvers as in-" Camilla started, staring at Alex.

"Yes, Danvers as in family. Danvers as in my little sister." Alex nodded. Maggie stared at Alex, then at Lena. "It's awesome that we know who this is and all, but, well." She gestured to Lena, still lying in the hospital bed. "She's still knockout." Alex bit back a laugh at the way Maggie had phrased it. "Fair point, Miss Sawyer," Camilla said. She walked to the bed and looked at Lena for a few seconds. "Agent Danvers, how far have you gotten in your treatment of Lena's wounds?" She asked. Alex was glad the topic had changed. She resumed her usual posture and mannerisms. "Most of these will be healed with time. The only thing I've been working on now is getting her to wake up." She waved a hand at the calculations on the desk. "Which I haven't managed to finish yet." "How soon do you think you can wake her?" Camilla asked. Alex walked to her desk and quickly went through her notes. "Within the week," she replied. Within the week, Camilla thought. She could have her boss back within the week. And when Lena woke up, she could see her soulmate.

"Please get back to that, wake her up as soon as possible. And can I please have your little sister's contact information?"

Alex raised her eyebrows. Giving Kara's contact information to Camilla made her realise what she'd done. "I can give you that if you do not meet with her without me." She stepped toward Camilla. "You may not realise this, but Kara is the person I care most about in my entire life. If you do anything to harm her, in any way, I'll never forgive myself for telling you who she is." Camilla inspected Alex's stance. In all her life, she'd never seen anyone more protective of a sister. "I promise I won't meet her without you. Agent Danvers, relax. I have no reason to harm her, do I?" Alex relaxed a little and glanced at Maggie. "So," Maggie said as she slowly made her way over. "Since you already know who Miss Luthor's soulmate is, you don't really need me anymore, do you?" Camilla thought for a moment. "Not for this job, no. But I'd like to ask your assistance on something else." Maggie rubbed her biceps, thinking about her training. She liked this side job but she wanted to become a cop. "We'll have to talk about that," she answered quietly. She couldn't commit to this job, it wasn't her true calling. Camilla appreciated Maggie's honesty. "Alright." Then she turned back to Alex. "Agent Danvers, I hereby give you permission to inform your sister, and only your sister, of the events that have occurred here." She paused, looking at her boss. "Please do that soon. And wake her up, will you?" Her tone softened. Then, she left the room.

"So..." Maggie looked at Alex. "I have to ask. Is your sister covered in flowers right now? Is that how you figured it out?"

Alex bit her bottom lip. Maggie was her soulmate. She could trust her soulmate, right? Maggie would never do anything to harm her, right? Alex went through the limited time she had spent with Maggie. After their first few days together, they bonded quickly. Their initial expectations of each other were erased by their bonding over their favourite books, drinks, and movies. Maggie kept showing up to steal her network cable, and Alex appreciated the company. As professional as she was, it was a little weird to be in a room with an unconscious person for hours on end. "Yeah," Alex said. "She's got them in her hair as well, which gave me a big hint." Maggie walked over to Lena, looking over her flowerless skin. "So what's the deal with your sister? Does she live in a bubble or something?" Maggie asked. "Because Lena doesn't have any flowers." Alex sat down at her desk again and kept her eyes on her notes. "No, not exactly," she replied. She could feel her heartbeat against her ribcage. "Then how is she so..." Maggie waved a hand as she tried to find the right words. "Unharmed?" Alex looked Maggie in the eyes. "She's Supergirl."

Kara jumped at the chance to have a night in with her sister again. She had been quite vocal about the amount of time that Alex was spending at her new job, and made it crystal clear that she missed Alex. So when Alex invited her over to watch Big Hero Six and have pizza, she showed up early. And without the pizza.

"Kara you had one job!" Alex scolded after they greeted each other. Kara stared at her, before remembering that she was supposed to bring the food. "Ah, shit! Hold on." She flew to their favourite pizza place before Alex could say another word. Alex sighed and walked to her DVD player to set up for movie night. After some thinking, she figured that the best way to tell Kara she found her soulmate, was when Kara had food in her mouth. That'd stop Kara from yelling at her. Or flying off to see her. You don't fly and eat at the same time, Kara learnt that lesson the hard way. "Okay, I got you an extra pizza since I forgot." Kara showed up, with the food this time. "Awesome, come sit," Alex said, patting the spot next to her on the couch. Kara made her way over and sat down, with the pizzas on her lap. "Okay," Alex said. "Are you ready?" 

A/N

I actually finished this story so I'll be tossing the chapters out once every three days!
I hope that since there's so many readers on this story, there'll be at least a few of you that will read my other stories when this is over.
What do you guys think of this chapter?
Love,
Freckles