Chapter Twelve

Charlotte peeks up at him, nervous about making eye contact. Her eyes bloodshot, puffy and flowing with tears. "C-can we just go back to California? I-I" Charlotte hiccups, wiping her face. "I don't want to be here anymore."

Bryan gives her a small nod before getting out of the bed, and going to his bag. "Here, put on these comfy clothes. I'll call for my plane to come get us." He says, gently tossing the clothes at her, before walking away.

Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Bryan dials the number for the pilot of his plane. "I'm coming home early, and I'll have another passenger." He says gently turning around to see Charlotte encased in his sweat shirt, and sweat pants.

"D-do you have shoes or m-maybe socks for me...? The only thing I have is heels..." Charlotte says pulling the sleeves of the hoodie into her fists.

Bryan hangs up his call, looking at her. "They didn't give you any other shoes?" He says shocked. He ruffles through his bag finding a thick pair of socks handing them to her. "I'll arrange for a pair of slippers to be on the jet for you." He says re-arraigning things in his bag

Charlotte sits on the floor, criss-cross slowly putting on the socks, her face still red and stained from tears. Bryan extends his hand to her, offering to help her up.

"The car is here, are you ready?" He asks gently pulling her up from the floor. 

Charlotte nods, peeking up behind her hair. "Yes please.. I'd really like to leave."  She whispers.

Bryan reaches, gently taking her hand in his before picking up his duffel bag with the other. "If you get nervous or afraid at anytime, you tell me, yes?" He says looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Yes." Charlotte says, moving hair from her face to look up at Bryan.

He gently drops her hand, before opening the door and gesturing for her to exit first. Bryan watches Charlotte, making sure to observe her face as they walk to the elevator. Pressing the downward arrow Charlotte chews on her bottom lip filled with nervousness. To comfort her Bryan rests his hand gently in the small of her back. A short, and slightly awkward elevator ride takes them to the main floor.

Bryan guides Charlotte using his hand against her back. Once through the door Charlotte felt exhilarated, leaving her prison behind. She breaths deep, smelling the Fresh air.

"It's amazing." She whispers, stopping at the car as Bryan opens the door.

"What is?" He asks gently as he helps her into the car.

"Being free." She says with a wide smile.

Bryan climbs in behind her, shutting the door before signaling for the driver to go. They sit in silence, enjoying one another's company as they take the short ride to the airport. Charlottes eyes were closed as she snuggled into his shoulder.

"Which one of these is yours?" Charlotte asks as they drive through a gate, seeing multiple planes lined up.

"The black one on the end." He says gently pulling her closer so she's able to see it from the window.

She smiles nervously. The last time she was on a plane was when she was coming to Romania. She trusts Bryan, but she can't help but worry.

"Ready princess?" He asks softly opening the door, and extending his hand to her. "I had them go get you some clothes so you can get comfortable, ok?" Bryan asks giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Yes." She says, tucking her bangs behind her ear, meeting Bryan's eyes. "Let's go home."