Just Say So

Amelia had ordered the finest dress from a boutique she used to frequent in London and knew it was exactly the dress for her. Once the dress arrived at the surgery Amelia made sure that it wasn't opened until she got home that evening. When she slipped the deep red lid off the box she stood back in awe.

Lady Isabelle had done it again. The dress was beautifully ornate and fitted, the deep plumb sheaths of material where cut in a way to flatter a woman's figure all while dazzling the beholder with it's sheer beauty.

Amelia placed the dress in her wardrobe and sighed. In two days time she would be going to the races with Tommy Shelby, a date of somewhat. Was it purely business she asked herself? 

Amelia closed her eyes and thought back to the last time they had kissed. Remembered the last time she placed her hands on him. Now she imagined herself in this dress around him. 

"Get a grip of yourself woman" she hissed to herself.

---

Amelia stood back and admired her reflection in the mirror. The dress fit like a dream, the bodice completely hugging her slim waist and flaring slightly just after. The colour made her ivory skin radiate and she was pretty sure this was the prettiest she had ever felt. Curling her hair and applying a light glowy make up she was no ready to go.

Amelia didn't have to wait long until there was a knock at her door at 9am that morning. Opening the door she saw Tommy stood there dressed to impress, his usual suit had been swapped for a finer grey material that contrasted against his blue eyes.

Amelia was impressed as he took her hand his eye's yet to leave her.

"Do you like the dress Mr Shelby?" she asked as he helped her into his car. Tommy looked away quickly and then back at her.

"You look very nice Miss Crostwell" and he gently closed her door. As Tommy walked around to his door he tried to collect himself. Of course he had expected this but nothing can prepare you for it.

Once they where both in Tommy pulled off and lit up a cigarette to try and distract himself.

"What business do you have at the races today?" she asked just as they left Small Heath behind. 

Tommy took the last drag of his cigarette and threw it out the window before answering her.

"There's a man that had a large shipping company that we require to ship more of our product out"

Amelia nodded, his product could of been anything from Whiskey, Gin, Cigarettes or opiods hidden within car parts. Amelia wasn't going to judge his business dealings when she had no idea of the situation.

"Would I know this man?" she asked and she turned to look at him. 

"Possibly, Jonathan Cortison ringing any bells?"

Amelia cringed at the sound of his name and she scrunched her nose up in disgust "Jonathan is a vile man Mr Shelby, he acts as if the world owes him favours" 

Tommy nodded, he was used to dealing with men like these.

"But I do have some more information if it's of use to you?"

"And what would that be?"

Amelia smirked and sat back, crossing her legs "Jonathan's family have been struggling to...maintain for a while now. His father lost most of their fortune on the stock market last year-"

"I already know that" Tommy interrupted her.

Amelia scoffed "Jonathan also got a lady pregnant which of course their family didn't want to get out. The lady refused the termination so they pay for her and her new husband to go about their lives as if the child isn't of relation to the Cortisons"