14

Xiao Zhan thought he was still sleeping so he pinched himself hard but he didn't need to do that because his stomach was already grumbling with the aroma of the food, Wang ZhuoCheng was carrying in the tray for him. Wait for him? He pinched himself again.

"Quit acting like I'm a ghost. Hurry up and eat." Zhuocheng said and this time instead of pinching himself, Xiao Zhan landed a slap on his face.

Ouch!

Indeed. he was awake.

Zhuocheng just rolled his eyes and placed the food in front of him and sat next to him.Wait next to him? Just when Xiao Zhan was about to slap himself again, Zhuocheng shoved a spoon full on food into his mouth.

"Felt that? Its real!"

Xiao Zhan awkwardly laughed and gulped the food down his throat. He pushed his brain cells to remember what led to this development. He remembered yesterday he went to scream out his lungs with Qi Pei Xin in the local Karaoke club and when he came back home, he was exhausted so he decided to take a nap. But that nap continued all evening and throughout night.

Well that would explain his overly agitated stomach but what about the guy next him. Xiao Zhan scratched his skull hard but his brain was begging for forgiveness. He should feed himself first before torturing.

ZhuoCheng didn't go away, he sat there staring at his gege until the last bite of food was swallowed down his gut. He felt accomplished and carried the tray out.

"Wait!" Xiao Zhan called.

"Yes?"

"Ahh..haha...thank you for the food." Xiao Zhan didn't know what else to say. It was kinda awkward.

"Hmn." Zhuocheng said and disappeared.

Xiao Zhan got up and took a bath. After that he checked his phone and the time was 11:00 AM already! He really did sleep a lot. He hadn't slept like a log in years. Should he thank his medicine? Honestly it was refreshing. There were messages from his Psychiatrist but Xiao Zhan decided to reply them later.

He went downstairs to greet everyone but there was no one. The sweet fragrance of something familiar invaded his nostrils and his feet carried him to the kitchen where he was greeted with Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.

Xuan Lu was baking sweets.

Xiao Zhan went straight to the bowl with chocolate topping, he dipped his finger and let the taste melt into his tongue. It was heaven!

"A-Xian! Wash your hands first."

"But I just took a bath, Jie."

Xuan Lu was overly joyed when he started calling her jie. But more than that, she was glad that her brother openly told her about his Mental illness and constant depression. She could finally help him recover. In fact, yesterday, she told Pei Xin to take his uncle Zhan to Karaoke and let him shout as much as he could. It was said to help get rid of inner turmoil if you shout. The anger and frustration would recede and little by little it will finally go away. Xuan Lu also didn't let anyone wake up Xiao Zhan even though he slept literally for 20 hours. It was a lost time for sleepless nights, she said. And now she was baking sweets, which she knew would lighten up his mood. Wang Zhuocheng contributed with the food and made easily digestible yet tasty breakfast.

"Jie, where is everyone?"

"Father, mother and A-Yu are at work. A-Xin with his friends and you already met A-Cheng."

Xiao Zhan awkwardly laughed and rubbed the nape of his neck. Of course, it was the most awkward breakfast of his life. Xiao Zhan had to stuff every last bit of food in to his mouth because Wang Zhuocheng was giving him if-you-dare-leave-a-single-grain-I-will-break-your-leg look. Xiao Zhan felt he had eaten more in these 3 days compared to last 3 months. But the most surprising part was, he didn't throw up. Not even once. Even the intake of water to ease his abdomen  would result him in throwing up and he didn't feel any pain either. He was happy.