Chapter 35 : Normal Day

"What do you think about this?" Jungkook asked me for the nth time. He has been picking clothes for already half an hour and I'm going to be late.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I put my weight on one foot as I tilt my head on the left. He wants to go out and Mr. Jeon concedes to him since Jungkook has been bugging him about it nonstop last night.

A day passed after that night where he cried with his aunt beside her, at first I was suspicious about how Jungkook says he is fine, but seeing how he has been acting around while one of his nightmares is just lurking around I eventually gave up and believed.

I'm still ignoring the woman with all my might. I don't know but her face really pisses me off.

I can't help but think that she might be insincere and deceitful about her intentions to Jungkook. I just played along and observed carefully whenever I'm in their house. I also ask Jungkook sometimes about it and when he answers he speaks with confidence making me believe that everything is really at the right place.

"Yes. I got dad and Mr. Sanders' permission already." He smiles cheekily as he tries on a black trench coat that looks hot on him. "What do you think?" He shows off his outfit to me and for seconds I judged him from head to toe.

"Seven over ten." I lied, but he knew that I did when I snorted.

"I'll take that as eleven over ten." He smirks and I just rolled my eyes. The next minute we were finally outside waiting for a cab.

I can see that he is fighting his nervousness and I'm grateful that he is really trying to overcome it. Instead of a cab, a bus arrived first and I gestured for him to climb up. I trailed behind him in case he needed support if ever he faints, hopefully not.

We both got inside the bus and I noticed that most of the passengers are women. I tapped Jungkook on his shoulder and looked at him with a face that asks if he is okay. As an answer, he just timidly smiled at me.

Using my bus card, I volunteered to pay the fare for the both of us. We sat on the spot at the very end of the bus and I saw how he is still staring at the other passengers. "Doing great?" I grabbed his attention.

"Yeah. It's just... It's just my first time to be in a bus after so many years. I never thought I'd be able to be riding one ever again. Thank you." He explained with all sincerity while shame envelops my body with every word that he said.

When will I get out of this?

The ride was quiet until Jungkook places one of his earphones in my ear. I looked at him and he suddenly rested his head on my shoulder.

"Yah. If you're sleepy, you should just go home." I told him but in reality, I've always wanted to experience this thing.

"Just for a minute." He breathes and I didn't argue with it anymore after my lips involuntarily moved into a genuine smile after a very long time.

=====

"It was poison!" Yana wheezed after telling Jungkook what I did the last time his circle of friends were here.

He is light-heartedly laughing at Yana's story, "Then what happened?" He asked curiosity filled his eyes. Jungkook is sitting on a stool in front of the bar top, sipping his glass of pineapple juice with a straw.

"Deonne here almost got fired." Yana never stops showcasing her rainbow braces while her throat produces raucous laughter.

I moved closer next to them after serving an old man on my corner with his desired drink. "I think I heard my name." I arched my eyebrow.

The door from the kitchen swings and our co-worker comes out. "Yana, your brother asked you to cook something in the kitchen."

"What? Why? Where's Karl?" Yana suddenly got curious about the pub's chef.

"He called saying he is sick. Your brother's business partner will arrive in half an hour and he asked you to prepare something." Our colleague explained.

"But the bar is already packed, Deonne will need my help here." Yana reasons out while she frowns. I know how much she loves cooking but I also know that she hates doing things for her brother.

"Deonne? Who is that?" My eyes rounded perfectly when he asked that question when Jungkook and I are just in front of him.

"Duh, our new employee." Yana nervously laughed.

"Can I offer my help?" Jungkook butts in. He got this embarrassed and uncanny smile on his face as he attempted to join the conversation.

"Sure, we'll get going now." Yana pushes the other guy back inside the kitchen while I mentally heave a sigh of relief.

I do not blame our colleague, he knows that my name is Deanna and not Deonne. It's just a normal reaction to be confused about what he heard, especially if the boss itself didn't deliver the news that we have another new employee.

I gestured at Jungkook to follow me behind the bar top and I handed him a never used waist apron. Later on, we were bombarded with many customers and I'm starting to panic as well.

"One martini, one paloma, and two mojito," Jungkook said. "I'll handle the three plain vodkas." All I did was to nod at him in return because I still have three drinks to mix and now there's an additional four.

Both Jungkook and I were moving in a rush but a careful manner. We don't want to have spilled drinks all over our clothes and bottles to break into pieces on the floor.

After more than twenty orders from numerous customers, Yana came out from the kitchen. "What happened? You look like you've been hit by a storm." She said, grabbing a white towel under the table and wiping her hands with it.

"Yep, a storm of bipolar customers." I sighed.

"It was just thirty minutes and we've served a lot of orders," Jungkook said in full detail as he leans on a chair.

"And it's not over yet." I continued as soon as I saw Jungkook's friends coming in from the door.

"Jungkook?" Namjoon says and they all shared the same look.

Perplexed.

"Oh, you are all here?" Jungkook innocently asks. His friends didn't know the impressive progress he just made and fears he overcome.

"Woah, woah. Am I hallucinating or something?" Jimin enters in with his eyes blinking rapidly, crutches are still under his armpits.

They all sat on the stools in front of us, "What's going on?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook looked at me and signaled me to tell them what happened. "He can now go out." I briefly explained but the information didn't satisfy them. "Okay, you all know that we conduct therapies every night," I started.

"Every night..." Yoongi mutters and I glared at him. "What? Please continue." He grins.

"The other night, I asked Yana's help and told her to visit the Jeon's house. Basically, we tried if Jungkook can now face a woman without triggering his fears that started from the past." I elaborated.

"Really? That's great news!" Taehyung exclaimed before ruffling Jungkook's hair.

"Congrats, buddy. You're now free." Jin smiled at their youngest before fist-bumping him.

"Yes, I am and thank you." Jungkook laughed.

Seeing them all like this feels like none of them encountered such painful and wicked experiences. Seeing them like this makes me feel like everything is right.

Everything is normal.

I could finally sigh and say that today is indeed a normal day.