30 ➳ I Love You Too

RUNNING

FOR MILES

I've been home for at least two hours. Miles or well Hale I should say had dropped me off but not before taking me over to Melrose's quickly to get a breakfast wrap and an iced coffee even though it was still freezing outside, I really needed a caffeine fix.

Once Hale had actually driven into the driveway and I exited his car I noticed that Sam's car wasn't the only one parked in the drive. My father's police car. Anxiety caused through me as I knew all too well that he was going to be livid at the fact that I had skipped school with my friends.

So, I snuck into the house with my ice coffee and breakfast in my hand, I crept upstairs and quietly entered my room. Hopefully, the world is on my side today and my father won't have a single clue that I'm here until later when I go to Lila's house.

I had received a text from Sammy saying that dad isn't impressed and that he's going to talk with me when I leave my room. So, until then I decided to have an hour-long shower instead of my normal thirty-minute shower.

After that, I sat on my bed for a while in my black Calvin Klein sports bra, undies and some black spotty pajama shorts. I scrolled through Facebook and Instagram for what felt like hours before Lakyn's contact number came up onto my screen.

Deciding that it was probably Lila I clicked on the green button to answer the incoming call.

"Hello?" I said nervously as it could have also been Lakyn calling me for some odd reason but Lila made more sense to me, so I was just hoping for the best.

"Eden hi, it is Lila." I paused as I heard shuffling in the background, "What time would you like me to come over and get you as well as my car?" I questioned her.

I looked up at the time on my phone it was ten o'clock on the dot which meant I had only left Miles house at around eight.

"Anytime from now." I said happily as I didn't want to say a set time in case, she had other things to do or didn't want to come straight away.

There was a slight pause before she started talking again, "I'll come now, I can not stand Lakyn any longer."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I smiled even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"Sounds great!" Lila said, sounding relieved, "See you soon, sweetie." she exclaimed before the call went dead.

Well, that now means I have five or ten minutes to figure out what the hell I am going to wear to Lila's house. Walking into my wardrobe I looked around again trying to sift through the mounds and mounds of clothes.

After what felt like a while, I picked out a skin-tight black long sleeve shirt, grey Nike track pants, a black and white Nike windbreaker and to finish the look I put on my old school vans.

Deciding that Lila was probably going to turn up any minute now I opened my door quietly and crept down the stairs, when I was less than halfway down I stopped and flung my hair down over my face and tied it up into a messy bun, I also pushed up my glasses as they had pretty much almost fallen off of my face.

"I was informed by the academy that Eden skipped school yesterday." My father's voice echoed through the house, "Is that true?"

Who was he talking to?

"Yes." a very familiar voice answered my father, "I was with her."

Lila Hayes.

I could just imagine the shocked expression on my father's face at Lila's answer, "You too?" he gasped.