Chapter 45: Dewey's Campaign

Your POV

It is currently midnight and I was lying on the couch completely exhausted from removing just the tracking device attached to thw ship. Who even put it there?

Then I heared Steven enter with and saw a troubled look on his face, he immediately went to bed after all that experience he's been through in Homeworld.

Then a few minutes later Steven dozed off to sleep and Lion went through a portal and he lay down beside me and yawned. Lion finally slept right beside me and I dozed off too. Wonder what happened while I was gone for two hours?

Steven's POV

Two hours ago

Concluding the events in "Revival", Greg, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl watch in immerse worry from inside the beach house. as Steven sends Connie off.

Steven: We'll be fine! I'll be right back. I'm just gonna walk Connie out. Don't worry! I'm not going back into space or anything. *chuckles* They're never gonna let me out of their sight again. Connie?

Lion glares intently at Steven, when Connie walks off ahead. Steven and Lion run up to catch up with her.

Steven: Connie! I know you got to get home and get some sleep, but once you're all rested up, I can't wait to tell you about everything! Being on Homeworld was crazy! After I turned myself in, they put me on trial! And Lars was there. We got chased by killer robots. Heh, ehat a wild ride that was! And uh... I'm really happy to see you again.

Steven grows concerned with Connie's silence.

Steven: Umm... A-Are you happy to see me, too?

Connie: Of course I'm happy to see you, Steven.

Steven: Uhh, but?

Lion walks up to Connie's side, still glaring at Steven.

Connie: But how could you just give yourself up like that?

Steven: Well, first, I said I was my dad, and then I said I was my mom.

Connie: *scoffs* No. I mean, you just gave up.

Steven: I had to. They were gonna take all those people. They were gonna take you!

Connie: But what about our training? The time when Painite trained us to protect each other? Stevonnie. Jam buds. I believed in us. We could have done it together.

Steven: This is different. This whole thing was my fault, but I knew that I could fix it all if I turned myself in. And look! No one got hurt. Well, except for Lars, but I saved him, too.

Connie: But... I'm hurt.

Steven: No, you're not. You're safe. You're here. I'm here. We're safe. Everything's fine.

Connie" ...It's not, though.

Connie rides on Lion as they approach towards the sea.

Steven: You know, it was a tough decision for me to make, but it had to be done.

Connie: You don't get it.

Steven: ...Get what?

Connie lowers her head in disappointment.

Connie: Let's go, Lion.

Lion glares disapprovingly at Steven, runs over the water, and warps away through his magical portal with Connie, as Steven watches on in perplexity.

Steven: *sarcastically* "Wow, Steven, that was so brave of you. I'm so glad you're back."

The next day