Chapter 46: Gemcation

Your POV

Steven is sitting on a chair outside of the car wash, reading his own texts while texting on his phone. I was washing my car plistening to my tunes.

Steven: "Hey, Connie. How are you today?" "Hope everything's going okay." "It'd be cool if you told me it was..." "I guess I miss you." "I know yesterday I said, "I guess" but I mean," "I do miss you..." "Hope you didn't get your phone mixed up with a tennis ball. Ha ha." A tennis ball? Really, Universe?! *sighs*

Greg: Help! Ah! Yah! Back!

Greg is then seen struggling to remove a water hose that is tangled around himself.

Greg: Ugh! Hey, uh, Steve-aroni, ughh, want to help your old Pa over here?

Steven: Uh, yeah, Dad, one sec.

Steven reluctantly sends a final text to Connie, reading "Please talk to me."

Steven: Sorry. Sorry. I'm on it.

Steven runs up to Greg and bites off a piece of the hose, freeing Greg.

Steven: *grunts* Are you good? Are you safe? Do you still love me?

Y/N: Woah! Calm down.

Greg: Yeah, of- of course, buddy. It's just some hoses. I can buy new ones. I still have like... 9 million dollars left, and what better way to spend that than on some hoses, right, kiddo?

Steven: Yeah, Dad.

Steven's cellphone vibrates and gasps in shock. He holds out his phone and reluctantly checks it, only to see a text from Ronaldo. He's much attached to his phone lately. Wonder why?

Ronaldo (Voiceover): "STEVEEEN! So. Did you ever get around to watching the "Koala Princess" box set I lent you three months ago?"

Steven sighs in dismay.

Greg: Hey, is... everything okay? You're looking a little glum.

Steven: I am a little glum.

Greg: Do you want to talk about it?

Steven: Umm... It's just... space lag... from when I went to space. *walks off*

Greg: Hmm...*looks to my direction*

Y/N: *shrugs*

Scene change

Steven's POV

Back home, Steven is absentmindedly wiping a plate with a soap bottle, still sighing in disappointment, when his cellphone starts vibrating again.

Steven: Ah! *throws the plate and soap bottle away in surprise* Waahh!

Steven reaches for his phone but then pauses himself.

Steven: Wait. No. I need to play it cool.

Steven casually flips over his phone and eagerly checks his phone screen.

Ronaldo (Voiceover): "I'm just gonna assume by your silence that you're entangled within the immersive koala lore of the show." "Did you get to the part where Koala Princess and Kanga-Roofus kiss?"

Disappointed, Steven puts down his phone, when he hears Greg's voice from outside.

Greg: Steven, you want to help us with these... groceries?

Steven: Coming.

Your POV

Greg, me and the Crystal Gems walk in,each carrying some groceries.
I was carrying a bag full of Chaaps.