Chapter 9

Aiden

Aiden Nile Arias, heir to the throne, and only son of King Edmund and Queen Selene. He was a spitting image of the king, eyes of gold and blonde hair. And because of that a lot of people look up at him expecting that he will be as successful as the current king.

At the age of seven, he was somehow much mature than the children of his age. Aiden's image was a kind and obedient prince and he will continue to be that way.

But the crown prince has a secret that he kept, not even his father knows of.

He was curious about this person. His sister to be exact. All his life he never sees her. He never asked his father for he knew that the king didn't want the princess that's why was she placed away from the Emerald Palace. So the prince asks one of his maids.

She spoke ill towards the princess. "The princess is the one who killed the queen that's why his highness doesn't have a mother like the other children."

"The princess doesn't do anything but the prince is working hard."

Aiden knew that he shouldn't be angry towards his sister but he was a child who longs for a mother. His father seldom talks to him since he was too busy with the sudden appearance of monsters in the east forest.

The small hatred towards his sister was planted on his heart as the maid speaks spiteful words.

One day he went to look for his sister. He didn't plan engaging a talk to her but just to observe her. His sister has the same color of hair and eyes as the queen.

He didn't mean to shout hurtful words to her but there's no one to blame—why he didn't have a mother? But to blame the princess.

"I'm sorry." With those simple words from his sister, he realized that he wasn't the only one who was longing for their mother's affection.

The moment he went back the maid continued to speak maliciously towards the person who just wiped his tears.

Aiden decided to observe the maid before making his move.