𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 X

Left. Right. Left. Right.

I felt a little dizzy with my eyes darting left to right. Why? On my left is Chesca, which is by the way chilling and is covered with an extra sized padded jacket. On my right is the right person— no, I mean Jed.

Not beside me, alright? He's far, he sits with Hemmington.

"Seriously? In front of my fucking salad, Lucy?"
Chesca complained with a pout. She must be referring to my occasional stare to his brother while she's speaking.

"This has to be nothing new to you, Chessss." I argued.

"Something's different, right?"
She whispered, darting her gazes towards her brother.

"What about it?"
I whispered back unconsciously.

"You two are talking."
She commented.

I didn't put much thought to it but now that Chesca pointed it out, I felt weights on my shoulder. Honestly, these past few days I kept on brushing off the thought because I'm afraid, and at the same time, questions fill my head.

"I know. It's sudden."
How did we really went from being distant acquaintances to buddies that leans on each other's shoulders?

"And he's specially weird.."
Chesca looked up as if remembering something. She snapped and fingers with a small "aah."

"Since mom started contacting us again."
Chesca is cool with both of her parents, she took Civil Engineering, I remembered her telling me that her parents liked her decisions.

Unlike Chesca, Jed, although the youngest, carry a heavy responsibility.
He's pursuing music, and that doesn't satisfy their parents, apparently.

"I'm worried for him." She stuck the marshmallow near the fire just quickly.

"They wanted him to leave the band, the school and shift to another course." My mouth fell apart.. I didn't know about that.

"Battling choices whether to pick something you like and something you are given responsibility of, what matters most?"

"Maybe that is the reason why he's off these days." I looked at Jed, he was carefully sticking couple of marshmallows on the stick and feeding it to Luke.

"Yeah, maybe he likes to be friends with you, considering the fact that he might leave." Chesca said that as-a-matter-of-factly, and that made me more upset.

"You liked him since who-knows-when." She teased me and nudged my elbows.

"I like him, yes, and that just means whatever offer he has to give me, I'd gladly accept it." I smiled. That's the truth, I like him that much.

I looked at Chesca, I'm grateful that she supports me in any way she can.
"Even if it's the bare minimum.. as long as it comes from him."

•••

"We all have secrets." Mr. Kelly, our professor said. He's standing in our front, beside the huge bonfire.

"Regrets, wishes, and dreams." As he was speaking, a class representative was giving away small pieces of paper. Everyone attentively listened.

"I want you to write one of those in that paper."

"Write anything that you're eager to forget, achieve, or let go."

Now that I'm thinking about it, what ignites my soul?

Jed.