Kabanata 20

Lost

I immediately texted Colton na mamayang gabi na kami mag-usap dahil oras na para sa duty sa clubhouse nang umalis sina Ish.

Agad namang tumunog ang cellphone ko para sa isang tawag.

Colton Jace calling...

I pressed the answer button.

"Let's talk now," he told me abruptly without the pleasantries.

"No, I told you I have to work," I said with a sigh.

"No, this can't wait for later. Let's talk now," he stubbornly said.

"Colton," I said with authority. Bumuntonghininga siya. Mabigat ang loob nang magpaalam.

I was spacing out the whole time in the clubhouse. Abot-abot tuloy ang kasisita sa 'kin ni Jen. I kept on thinking about my decision. I wasn't even indecisive about it. I'm firm about my choice. I'm sure with what I want.

Si Colton lang ang inaalala ko. His probable reaction. How I would be able to open his mind for him to see things in a different light.

Our relationship is new and isn't mature yet. I understand that things like this can help in making the relationship stronger. I'm willing to compromise things for this to work.

I am very much hoping that we would be able to talk like the adults that we are. That we are both on the same page of wanting what we have to nurture. That we both have the willingness to go through this together.

I mean, I think we could agree on things and make things clear about what we like and don't like to happen. It's not like it's hard. I'm positive that we could make it possible. We can do it together.

Sa paglipad ng isip ay hindi ko na namalayan ang oras. Nabalik lang ako sa reyalidad habang nakatitig sa pinto ng unit ni Colton. Bumuga ako nang hangin bago binuksan ang pinto.

Naabutan ko siyang nakaupo sa gilid ng kama. His hands were on his side. Nakayuko siya at nakatitig sa sahig. Nang maramdaman ang presensya ko ay agad na tumayo at mabilis na lumapit sa 'kin.

He enveloped me in a warm tight hug.

"You're here..." he softly said while caressing the back of my head.

"Of course, I'll be here... Why wouldn't I?" I said while returning his hug and caressing his back.

He pulled away and cupped my face with both his hands while smiling. He then placed a kiss on my lips.

"Come, let's have dinner," he said and pulled me while walking.

"Colton..." I started since I could almost feel him avoiding the topic.

He stopped walking and his back was now facing me.

"About the offer—"

"You're not taking it," he said it like it's final.

My lips parted. "Baby, listen to me first—"

He aggressively turned to face me. "You heard me, Nayeli. You're never going to take it," he firmly said.

I tried to calm myself. "Why?" I whispered.

"What?"

"Why? Why can't I decide for myself? Who are you to decide for me?"

His lips parted. "I'm your boyfriend!" he said like I'm stupid to ask the obvious.

"And so what? Does that mean I don't have decisions of my own? Bawal ko nang gawin ang gusto ko? Colton, this is my dream we're talking about," I said while trying so hard not to raise my voice.