(69) Epilogue

Song Above: She Treats Me Well ( which is in fact the song me and my boyfriend have chosen as our wedding dance song when we get married ) ❤️💍👑

Follow me on insta: djasdxo

Check out my new story EVERY LITTLE THING.

IVY

The cool water laps at my feet, fizzing and bubbling like brine. Even though the sun is beating on my back, beaming in my eyes, I can't help but smile as the wind caresses my face. I turned away from the ocean to find Brody sat on the beach, his eyes moving from sand to stone, from rock pools to breaking waves.

His eyes finally find my own and he smiled.

I started to walk towards him, feeling the sand against my toes, which was softly golden with just the right comforting warmth. I stop when I'm at the end of his towel, resting my arm on my forehead to shield my eyes from the sun.

"Why hello sir, I saw you watching me and thought I'd come and introduce myself,"

He stood up, stretching his hand out and I gently took it, "You are right I was watching you, I was thinking that you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen in my life,"

"My names Ivy but I have to tell you I don't think my partner will like you making advantages,"

He put his hands around my waist and pulled me towards him so our skin flushed together. Our lips were inches apart and I could feel the heat radiating from his chest. He spoke low, his voice a husky tone, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind,"

His lips brushed mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding, "You drive me insane," He whispered slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. His lips met mine again and I smiled against him. He lifted me in the air so I could wrap my legs around his waist as he guided me towards our beach hut. My hand worked their way around his body, feeling each crevasse, each line along with his perfect physique.

I felt myself fall back onto the bed, I couldn't even remember entering the hut. His hands ventured over the curve of my body, exploring, teasing and driving me insane. We pulled apart and opened our eyes staring deeply into each other's eyes. No words were spoken but so much was said.

Brody leaned forward and left a trail of soft kisses up and down my neck. I let out a little whimper of anticipation and longing. He worked his way back to my lips and as we kissed I rolled him over and lay on top of his strong, muscular body. I ran my hands across his skin and watched as he took a sharp intake of breath. I went to move lower so I was position on his boxers when the door to the hut swung open.

"Guys we've run out of ice in the-" One of the waiters at the bar stood frozen and cheeks flushed at the door.

We pulled apart and I ran my hands through my tangled hair, "Uh yeah okay we'll go buy some more at the store in a second," I said trying to not meet Brody's eye as he put on a shirt.

"Oh uh yeah okay imma just," They stuttered turning on their heel and disappearing around the corner. We waited a couple of seconds before turning to look at each other and bursting out into laughter.

It had been three and a half years since I watched my mom taken away in cuffs and thrown behind bars. Since Brody, Paul, Rose and I stood against a count and testified against her. It had felt like a weight had been lifted from all our shoulders, we could finally move on with our lives without one foot stuck in the past.

I'd visited my father's grave the day before after finally finding the courage to forgive him for what he did. After finding out he'd rather be without me than be without Eloise I'd resented him for a while but then I soon realized it had nothing to do with me, it was about him.