catorce.

As the natural daylight in her room dimmed, Valerie's mood got darker and darker as the nerves set in, and her task for KJ and Colton got closer.

Slowly and begrudgingly, she slipped from the middle of the bed and sat on the edge for a moment. Her hands comfortingly rubbing her arms, she held herself all while wishing Luca was doing it himself for some reason.

He just made me feel safe.

Shaking the feeling away because Luca definitely couldn't save her tonight, Valerie mustered up the courage to go and knock on Nicki's door and let her know she was leaving out again.

"Hey Nick... I-I'm running out again! I left some things at work, I should be back pretty soon. I'll text if I'm running late." Valerie sheepishly spoke to the closed door to Nicki's room. She didn't even want to open it, she didn't want to lie to Nicki's face... and she didn't want Nicki to see right through her facade.

"Okay! I might be gone too! Club Phoenix is opening up tonight! They have chakra liiights!" Nicki happily revealed as well, which caused a small smile to appear on Valerie's face as she grabbed her keys, phone, wallet, and the packet of liquid that was apart of her mission tonight, and placed them in a small leather fanny pack. She dressed comfortably, jeans, a sweater, and UGGs. She knew she was going to the club, but she had to take public transportation to get there and she'd rather not look like a fool.

Shouting another quick goodbye, Valerie closed the door to their apartment behind her and went outside to the bus stop. This time, she was going the opposite way of her job's low-end storefront. The Red Room was a notorious A-lister club, yes it was full of gambling, hookers, and everything else illegal, however the people that were dabbling in the stuff all had black cards and trust funds.

It's no wonder Patterson paid Valerie in one hundred dollar bills. Gaining access to The Red Room meant he was touching way more cash than just a few hundreds. Being apart of the AAA was obviously more than just a little business bureau, it was a gateway to becoming a socialite.

Just as Valerie did when she was leaving Luca's estate on the bus, she watched as New York city went from inner city slum to sky scraping lavishness in a twenty minute drive. The bus halted right in front of one of the tall glistening buildings.

She couldn't just walk into one of the places and expect it to be The Red Room though. Remind you, illegal things are done here and they're done by people who have things to lose. Billions to lose, exactly.

It was eight o'clock at night and the city's sky was blackening, however the lights everywhere made that an after thought. The building The Red Room resided in was a hotel called Crimson Suites ironically, and it was the only building on its strip with red overhead lights outside its doors.

When Valerie crossed the street to enter the building, a towering door man opened the door for her, she squeaked out a thank you before shuffling inside. She'd only heard about this hotel, she had no reason to ever check it out. Rooms started at half a million a night, why would she ever?

Yet here I am. Standing right where I never thought I would be...

Valerie grumbled in her head as she approached the concierge desk. To ask what?

She didn't fucking know yet. But she needed help getting to the club.

The man behind the desk was sleek in a fitted black tuxedo, he had dark brown skin and his eyes were jade. He regarded Valerie with ill concealed curiosity and furrowed brows. She definitely didn't look the part of any high end hooker right about now.

"Hi, I'm here to... get ready for work. I'm a server at The Red Room and I forgot which backdoor to enter in." She told the man sheepishly, which wasn't even an act at this point. She just wanted to get this night over with.