Chapter 28

Jinyoung walks past his classmates, meeting their eyes and slightly bowing in acknowledgement. Finally, his eyes land on Taehyung. The black-haired boy smiles and walks towards the small boy. Taehyung cowers slightly in his chair before looking straight ahead, avoiding the boy's eyes. 

Jinyoung sits in the empty seat behind Taehyung which causes him to slightly tense. 

"Okay class, today, we will conduct an experiment on the solubility of blood. You are free to work with whoever you want to."

Taehyung feels his nerves attack him. The only people he knows in this class are Jungkook and Jinyoung and he can't work with either of them.

"Hey, Tae."

The voice makes him freeze. He clenches his hands tightly as he urges himself to turn around and acknowledge the boy. 

He nods at him, forcing on a tight-lipped smile. The black-haired male smiles warmly, "wow, long time no see, eh?"

Taehyung nods again, his action stiff and forced. 

"Say, how bout you be my partner and we catch up a little, huh?"

Taehyung wants to say no. He racks through his brain for all the excuses he could come up with to deny him. But when he looks around the room he notices that everyone else already has a partner, leaving him with no other choice but to work with the boy. 

"O-Okay."

Jinyoung smiles before heading off to get the equipment. Taehyung takes this time to let out the breath he's been holding in. He grips on tightly to the edge of the desk and reassures himself mentally. 

It's okay, Taehyung. You can do this. You're braver now. 

He wants to scoff at his thoughts. Braver? In what way? 

The other boy soon comes back with the equipment and hands Taehyung the safety glasses. They both start setting up the experiment in silence before Jinyoung speaks up once again. 

"Sooo, how have you been? Damn, you've grown quite a lot since the last time I've seen you."

Taehyung nods uncomfortably, "Y-yeah." He lets a fake chuckle slip past his lips. "I've b-been g-good."

Jinyoung looks up and notices the boy's anxious expression. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks, his brows furrowing with concern. He reaches out towards Taehyung, grabbing him gently by the arm. 

Taehyung's breath hitches at the contact and he pulls his arm away rather abruptly. "U-uh, I-I d-don't f-feel too g-good. I-I'm going t-to ask to g-go see the nurse."

Jinyoung nods in understanding. "Do you want me to take you?" 

"N-no!" Taehyung exclaims frantically. Jinyoung nods before smiling brightly. "Catch you later when you're feeling better?"

Taehyung gulps, wanting to scream. That smile. Just seeing it again makes his insides twist. 

"Yeah," he replies breathlessly before rushing off to see the teacher. 

Once he arrives at the nurse's office, the lady makes him sit down and asks him what's wrong. 

Taehyung takes a deep breath to calm himself down. 

"Just feel a little nauseous, that's all." 

~

His classes finally finish and Taehyung heads to the library for a group study session. Jimin had insisted for him to join the session because apparently we're all in this together. Taehyung doesn't exactly want to join the session; He is craving his bed right now. Craving the comfort of his room where he can lay down and let the events of today sink in. But now he can't do that.