34

As soon as Alexandra got off the train, her parents and sister were there to greet her. Her mother pulled her in for a hug.
"Oh, there you are. Let me look at you! My beautiful, smart genius." Molly cooed. Alexandra didn't make a move to hug her mother back, instead clutching tightly to her trunk.

"Hi, mum." She said softly.

"Let me look at you." Molly pulled away, grabbing her by the shoulders. "Oh, you haven't been eating enough, have you?"

"Yes, I have, mum. I'm fine."

"Hello, darling." Her father said, giving her a side hug.

"Hey Alex." Ginny said. Alexandra smiled at her sister.

"Hi, Ginny." She replied as Ginny beamed. Alexandra wasn't ignoring her anymore.

"Is it true you had to do seventh year- level exams?" Molly and Arthur ushered their daughters forward as Ginny chattered excitedly.

"Yes."

"Did you really get all Os?"

"I got one E, but aside from that, yes."

"Professor Dumbledore came to our house to talk to mum and dad. I wasn't allowed in the room, but I know it was about your results. They were really proud." Alexandra looked back at her parents, slightly worried. Molly attempted an assuring smile.

"She's right. We're very proud of you, sweetheart."

"Professor Dumbledore says you do especially well in defence against the dark arts."

"Professor Snape's a good teacher."

"I thought Snape taught potions." Ginny frowned. "Is he a DADA teacher now?"

"No. He just teaches me."

"Professor Dumbledore thought it would be a good idea for your sister to take special lessons, more at her level."

"Fred says he's a monster with greasy hair."

"Fred also lies more than he tells the truth. Professor Snape's one of the best teachers at Hogwarts."

"Really?" Arthur asked and Alexandra nodded.

"He's always helpful, and he's funny."

"This is Severus Snape you're talking about?" He asked as Molly swatted his arm. Alexandra nodded earnestly.

"Yes."

"Here's our platform." Molly said, as the family finally reached St Pancras international. "And that is our train." They found an empty train car and sat down. Unlike the Hogwarts Express, the train wasn't separated by compartments.

"So, Alexandra. Tell us more about Hogwarts. Are you enjoying it?" Her father asked.

"It's certainly interesting."

"Ron said you fought a troll and that you took it down all by yourself!" Ginny said. "Is that true?"

"Uh.." Alexandra glanced at her parents.

"That wasn't the version we heard." Her mother looked at her sternly.

"Ron was exaggerating. I used the levitation spell we learnt that day to hit it with its own bat."

"I thought Ron and Harry did."

"Ron and Harry came to rescue us because Hermione and I didn't know there was a troll loose in the school. They forgot we were in the bathroom, so when they saw it come in, they locked it in with us instead."

"They did what?" Molly glared angrily.

"But then they realised their mistake and opened the door to come in and help us. They distracted the troll and that's when I used the levitation spell."

"Did you lie to the teachers?"

"I knew they'd get into trouble, then Ron would be whining about whatever punishment he got, so yeah. I lied."

"Alexandra, you cannot lie to your teachers."

"I told Professor Snape the truth."

"You did?"

"Yes."

"Snape?"

"Yes."

"And he didn't punish you?"

"Well he took away the five point Professor McGonagall awarded when she thought I was telling the truth. But then he gave them back for my role in it." Her parents exchanged glances. "Did you know Professor Snape?"

"We went to school with him, but we didn't know him all that well." Alexandra nodded and looked out of the window, bored. "What about Professor McGonagall? Do you see her often?" She shrugged. "Is that a yes or a no?"

"She's my transfiguration teacher. I see her in class."

"Professor McGonagall has been at that school long before your mother and I, and she'll probably be there long after you and your siblings."

"Maybe." Alexandra shrugged. She looked out of the window.

"So what is your favourite class at Hogwarts so far?" Molly asked, attempting to engage her daughter into another conversation.

"Potions."

"Then?"

"DADA."

"Then?"

"Charms."

"Charms was your father's favourite subject when he was your age." Molly smiled. Alexandra hummed in reply. "Why is it one of your top three favourite classes?" Alexandra just shrugged.

"Hermione and I always end up competing and driving professor Flitwick crazy."

"You have charms with the Gryffindors?"

"Yes."

"How does your brother do?"

"Badly. He used to be mean to Hermione too, especially when she was helping him."

"Ronald?" Alexandra shrugged in reply.

"They're friends now."

"I hear you and Hermione are also close friends?"

"Yes."

"I'm glad you're making friends. Do you have any other friends?" Alexandra just shrugged. "Tell me more about your DADA lessons."

"I can cast a patronus."

"They don't teach that at Hogwarts." Arthur frowned.

"Professor Snape tried to give me an aptitude test in our first lesson. After that, he decided to teach me how to do a patronus."

"That's extremely advanced. Most accomplished witches and wizards can't perform that spell."

"Can you?" Alexandra asked and her father nodded but her mother shook her head.

"This is wonderful. What else has Professor Snape taught you?"

"He's taught me occlumency. He says after the holidays he'll start me on legilimency."

"You learnt occlumency and the patronus charm in the few months you've been at Hogwarts?" Alexandra shrugged, not paying much attention to the awe in mother's tone.