Where The Journal of Powers are Sleeping

"Just keep running!" A burly and huge muscled man shouted from the wood cabin in the forest to someone in the shadows of the tree. He then took a seat on a tree stump and made a puff of smoke after inhaling his large stick of tobacco leaves. "And don't ever come back until you sliced a tree in just one strike with your gun blade!" He then sighed. "What a boy, he has a great potential for magic or martial arts. But keeping both of them will mean that he will lose both sooner or later." He then made a puff of smoke in the air again. "So what will you choose? Dark Arts or Martial Arts?"

"He will be too powerful if he masters both and the payment for that power might be his own life." He then stands and started walking to the forest. "But first, he must learn how to conquer his fears over boulders.

Inside the heavily condensed forest, there is a young man with black wings running trying to evade trees as much as possible. He keeps running from side to side while minding his surrounding from any traps that the burly man set up before he started the course.

He saw a white glint from one the trees and using his sword that has a gun on it, he shoots the glint on the tree and it was a bullseye. But he didn't know what happens next. A series of boulders began dropping from the air. It was a magic trap by which large boulders will slide or drop from the air depending on the person who activates it.

The boy looked up and he was frozen in his spot when he sees the last one rock to appear. It was huge! He didn't have time to react and he closes his eyes when the giant boulder was a mere meter away from him.

But he wasn't able to feel the crushing sensation but he felt a strong gust of wind. "You are still afraid of giant boulders I see." The burly man stepped out of the shadows and with a crush of his fist, the boulder was crushed into dust.

The boy didn't talk but he just lowered his head in shame. The burly man walked towards the boy and patted his head. "Come on, I'll cook something for you." He started walking but the boy still hasn't moved from his spot.

"What? Come on Kry, let's not waste firewood on the stove." The burly man said with a big smile. Kry just looked at the man with a sad look.

"But you said that couldn't come back until I haven't sliced a tree in half." The boy meekly said.

"Gee, with you in that condition, I don't think so." And the burly man walked towards the boy and pulls Kry upwards and put him on his shoulders like a bad of potato sack. Kry just remained silent never changing his facial expression.

They two walked or the burly man walked towards the wooden cabin letting Kry had his silence.

In a far northern part of the world where it is always night and the cold was really tough, there is a cave huge enough for a castle to fit in. It was full of gems of different sizes and on top of the hoard of treasure, there sleeps a giant lion with silver and majestic hair and white mane for a body. He was sleeping soundly when he felt a familiar sensation that opened his golden eyes.

After stretching like its feline kin and yawning loudly that is shaking the gems and crystals around, he reverted back into his human form and then scratching his long silver hair. Trying to fix it around.

"So I am one of the chosen huh?" He then went outside of the cave to see that there was a battalion of soldiers bearing a flag of red and white griffin wth a sword and shield in hand. "And I am getting tired of this single-handed massacre." He then looked towards the mouth of the cave where snow was building up. "Time to close my home for a while and look for that essence."

He waved his hands and the mouth of the cave disappeared and a huge mass of ice was replaced by it. He walked towards the ice to see if a person can see through the eyes. He smiled when he can't see anything inside.