Dinner

🌊🌊🌊

Pervert's POV

I hum as I send off the last letter, staring out at the late afternoon skies in peace.

"Thank you for being such a good host Perv, but I think it's time I head out," my peace was destroyed by a sarcasm laced thanks as the brat tries to slip outside.

"Oh no you don't you brat," I stop her by grabbing the back of the slightly oversized shirt she was wearing.

"Doctor's orders say you stay so I can watch over your recovery."

"But don't you want me off your property?" She bats her eyelashes with an obviously fake pout.

"Heck yeah I do, but that comes after your health," I say flicking her forehead.

"If I didn't know you better, I'd say that sounds like you care," she sticks her tongue out at me.

"I'm sorry that I took an oath to help whoever needs it to the best of my abilities and I intend to follow through. Now the next order of business is feeding you, especially after all the blood loss. What's your opinion on fish for dinner?"

"Yuck," she says simply, making me want to flick her forehead again.

"Chicken it is then," I note, rolling my eyes and heading back to the kitchen.

She follows without a protest, just to stand in the entrance and watch me pull out ingredients.

"If you are gonna watch me, pull up a chair. You still lost a lot of blood and I can't have you getting dizzy and falling."

"Fine mom," she rolls her eyes as she pulls a chair from the table and listens to me anyway.

I just roll my eyes back and ignore her, preparing dinner. Despite seeming uninterested, she watches me in silence occasionally asking me what I was making. It was a simple meal really, boiled chicken with brown rice and lentils, but she was eating like it was the most amazing thing she's ever eaten.

"Was it good?" I ask as I watch her finish up the last of her rice.

She freezes for a second as if she forgot I was here. I try to hold back a grin, watching her scramble to pull together a witty remark.

"Uh, yeah. You did pretty okay," she admits with a blush.

I can't help the cocky grin that grows on my face at her hesitant but semi-honest answer.

"I don't know, you seemed to like it a lot more than you'd like to admit. I mean I haven't even finished my first serving and you're ready for more."

She scrunches her nose in annoyance, sticking her tongue out at me after she sips from her fruit juice.

"That's just because I didn't want to taste it more than I had to."

"Mhmm, sure," I sarcastically agree as I finish up my own.

I'm cleaning dishes after we finish eating with her hovering behind me, not really knowing what to do.

"Tomorrow we are having guests, they're some good friends of mine. Would you prefer to wash up tomorrow morning or tonight?"

"Tomorrow morning," she mumbles quietly.

"Should I warn them not to be touchy?" I watch her carefully as I ask.

"Why would you do that?" She tries to act clueless but I see her try not to let her hand drift up to the hickeys on her collarbone.

"You don't have to pretend, they'll understand."

She stays quiet, looking at me to try and make sure I'm telling the truth.

"It's fine, I don't want them to be people they aren't because of me. Plus, I wanna see what kind of people are willing to put up with you," she pokes my side making me flinch in surprise.

"Hey!" I complain, making her laugh and stick her tongue out at me.

Before she can react, I flick the water on my hands at her, making little drops fly out and hit her in the face. It's my turn to laugh and grin in accomplishment when she gasps and sputters in surprise.

"Now we are even," my grin grows larger as I watch her try to come up with a response but find nothing. I dry my hands, watching her squint her eyes at me.

"I'll win next time."

"Mhmm, sure you will. Now off to bed with you, you need to get extra rest to heal up and get ready for our guests."

A/N: It's taken me an hour or two to edit three chapters, what even is time? School is going to be the end of me, sigh. I finished three projects last week and I have three more to go and then good ol' finals. My teachers really have no mercy.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, I'm trying to find a balance between dialogue and description but my descriptions are pretty bland lol. Opinions, thoughts, or anything?

Thank you for your support! Take care!!

- Kari :)