Guests

🌊🌊🌊

Jimin's POV

"You are a certified pervert," the brat complains as I bandage her wounds again after her shower.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I studied the human body. Both male and female. Boobs and vaginas are nothing shocking to me," I roll my eyes at her complaints.

"You say that now, but soon enough you'll take advantage of this opportunity for whatever sick desire you have."

"The only desire I have is to make you shut up," my eyes practically roll out of my skull as I stand up and am pushed out of the room by her.

Before I'm able to complain or grumble any more, I hear a knock at the door and rush to it. Swinging open the door, I'm welcomed to the sight of my, annoyingly, tall friend cloaked in his typical attire. Loose white t-shirt, loose brown slacks, black, muddied boots, and his worn green cloak and hat.

"Ooh, are those new earrings?" I immediately fawn over the leaf-shaped emerald earrings with silver chains looping to different piercings on the respective ear.

"Hello to you too Jimin," he rolls his eyes at me, stepping inside.

"The brat is changing inside the improv guest room, so make yourself at home," he takes his boots off and starts to wander inside before I stop him. "If you could also try not to mention Yoongi, I'd be grateful."

"Why not?" He asks a little taken aback.

"Yoongi was her master but something happened and, well, Yoongi removed himself of the responsibility of being her teacher."

"Yoongi? Why would he- sorry, I shouldn't pry. I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks Jimin," he grins at me before heading off and inspecting every possible plant in my house.

I playfully roll my eyes at him, grinning at his usual inspection. My amusement was interrupted when I heard a door open and I looked down the hall to see the brat in her newly washed clothes. She doesn't say anything and just curiously peaks into the kitchen.

"Is that the guest?" She mutters quietly to me.

I only nod, amused by her curiosity as she watched him poke and prod at the plant.

"Jungkook!" I grin at his slightly startled look at the sudden call. "This is the brat. Brat, meet Jungkook."

She slaps my arm before properly introducing herself, "I'm Nova, not 'brat' like he insists on calling me."

"Ah, nice to meet you, Nova. Sorry, I got distracted by his plants so I didn't see you," he nervously laughs, scratching the back of his head.

"It's fine, I get it. You're a green witch right?" She grins at the realization and Jungkook nods. "Really? Then do you have any tips for growing lemon balm, for some reason whenever I try to it dies."

My mind begins to tune out the conversation as I wonder about where everyone else is. As I wonder, my feet move themselves to the window and I see everyone horsing around outside in front of the cottage. I roll my eyes in disbelief, heading to the front door and swinging it open.

"Hey! Stop horsing around and come on in!" I yell making a few of them chuckle.

They all pile in, a few still rough-housing as Nova and Jungkook peek in to check on the commotion.

"Kook!" A voice yells before Jungkook is tackled by a dark blur, making Jungkook yelp as he stumbles backward before bursting out laughing.

"Hello to you too Tae!" He laughs as Taehyung finally lets him go, patting him purposely too hard on the back.

I laugh at the two before noticing Nova standing off to the side, her eyes glittering in awe and fascination at the two's behavior.

"Get a room you two," I laugh as I push them inside, leading everyone into my house.

"If anyone is getting a room with Jungkook-" Jin's playful mutter is cut off by Hoseok screaming as he tackled me, causing me to stumble and fall with him on top of me.

I couldn't help but laugh despite the pain from the fall, finding Hoseok's typical behavior hilarious. Nova's mouth was fixed into a shocked "oh" as she held her arms in front of her like she wanted to do something to help but was unsure.

"I missed you too Hobi," I laugh, patting his back as I forced us up into a sitting position.

"Are you Jimin's guest?" Namjoon is the first to ask, breaking Nova's attention away from me.

"Oh, yes. I'm Nova, nice to meet you all," she dips her head quickly in acknowledgment, flustered at the attention on her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Namjoon," he smiles at her and everyone else shuffles as they wait to introduce themselves.

"I'm Taehyung, but you can call me Tae!"

"I'm Jin, the most handsome of us," he grins a devious grin at the loud protests that break out at his comment.

"I'm Hoseok but everyone calls me Hobi!"

Once everyone naturally migrates into the living room, we all take a seat on the couch or on a zabuton. Everyone was goofing off, acting like their normal selves and I join in, every now and then checking on Nova, who's eyes wide with an unusual fascination and curiosity at our conversation and interaction. With an odd satisfaction at seeing this new side of her, I nod to myself and join in the conversation, teasing Namjoon about the one time he tried to translate an ancient text.

"I don't know how you forgot that balms could be also read as horse!" Hoseok laughed as Namjoon playfully screamed in embarrassment, trying to hide his pink cheeks behind the palms of his hands.

"It was in a dialect! I got confused!"

"I even warned you it was going to be in dialect!" Taehyung laughed, poking Namjoon's side.

"What ancient text was it again?" Nova piped in, nervously clutching the edge of her shirt as she shyly glances at me before making eye contact with one of the others.

"Some text about old beliefs and rituals, outdated stuff," Jungkook shrugs. "I don't remember what it's called anymore."

"I think I made a similar mistake before too," Nova giggles at herself, "mistranslated balms for bears."

"You too?!" Namjoon cheers as he high fives Nova with a wide grin.

"Translating ancient text is hard," Namjoon groans and Nova laughs and nods in agreement.

A/N: I'm free, I'm finally free! Summer is here and now I have no excuse to procrastinate, yet I still am going to.

I'm not particularly good at putting my thoughts and beliefs into words, and I've struggled to even begin putting my thoughts into words, into sentences but I can rearticulate the obvious and what has been said. Race, color, background, all of that doesn't matter. Black lives matter. What happened to George Floyd and countless other African Americans is completely and utterly wrong and should not be repeated ever again. Racism is not dead. Racism is everywhere and racism is killing. No one should be afraid because of who they are. Black lives matter.

Thank you and take care!

- Kari