Sleep

🌊🌊🌊

Jimin's POV

"I'm sorry," he wilts, his cheeks still burning pink as I make him drink a glass of water.

"You still haven't told me why," I mutter, acting annoyed as I use my fingers to brush out the knots in his hair.

"You didn't want us to talk about Yoongi around Nova but I couldn't stop Taehyung," he sniffles as he pushes his face into my shirt, his arms wrapping around me in a vice grip.

"It's fine kid, I didn't get to tell the others so it's my fault. Don't blame yourself, Kook." 

"She was so sad though."

"It's okay, it's not a bad thing to be sad sometimes. I'll watch over her okay? Will that make you feel better?" I smile when he nods, looking at me with such a long face.

"Now go talk to Jinnie okay? I'm sure he's looking for you," I smile even wider as his eyes light up like a child's.

"Okay!" He lets go of me and shuffles into the house with a skip to his step.

I let my smile fall as I look at the knocked out brat, her second beer empty in her hand. I slip the beer out of her grip and drop it in the trash I had by the door. Returning to her side, I brush her messy hair out of her face before thinking. Should I drop her on her cot or... I frown at the idea and then sigh, giving in. I don't want her to wake up on that hard cot when her back is sore as it is. Picking her up, I shuffle to the door and into the house, ignoring the hoots and hollers at the sight of me carrying the brat. I pass by the guest room and into my own, carefully sitting her in a chair so I could pull back the sheets. Once I settled her on the bed, I pulled the sheets over her, ignoring the groans and wiggles of protest.

"Sleep you brat," I spit, though there was no venom.

She only groans as she stops flopping, her mouth open as she lets out soft breaths. I sigh in relief pulling my chair up to the side of the bed, falling into it. Exhaustion settles deep in my bones as I look out my window at the night sky.

Something didn't sit quite right in my gut as I stretch in the chair, prying my heavy eyes open. Slowly, my eyes rake around the room and I realize the bed was empty. The uneasiness within me sits heavy in my gut as I shoot up in the chair.

I shuffle out of the room, peaking in the guest room to find nothing. In the living room, there are only the passed out bodies of everyone except for the brat. I try to ignore the sense of panic thrumming through me as I quickly go to the patio, swinging open the door to see Nova lying on the wooden deck, staring up at the night sky with an open, half-empty beer next to her.

"God save, Nova, it's the middle of the night," I curse, swiping the beer from her and throwing it in the trash.

She says nothing, letting me throw the beer away as she continues to stare up at the stars and moon.

"It's a pretty night tonight," she mutters.

"Yeah?" I sarcastically mutter, standing beside her.

"Come down here with me, you're blocking the view."

"No, you need to go back to sleep," I say, bending down to grab her arm.

"Jimin," she simply says, staring straight into my eyes, as if searching for something. "Stay here with me."

"I'm tired you brat. We can star gaze another day," I say ignoring the longing in her eyes as she looks at the stars.

"But-"

"But nothing. Another night, okay?" I cut her off before continuing softly, "You need to sleep, you're injured."

"Okay," she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes, before sitting up.

I help her stand and we both freeze, making eye contact and look deep into each other's eyes, searching for something in the other's eyes. Her dark eyes gave me no answer as she clams up, locking her heart away once more. I give her a small smile before leading her inside and back into the bed.

"Sleep brat."

"Okay, goodnight perv," she mutters, her eyes fluttering shut as she snuggles deeper into the blankets.

"Goodnight," I say, rolling my eyes at the nickname.

I settle back down into the chair, letting myself fall asleep once more when I'm sure she's asleep and won't get up again. 

A/N: WHOOPS, kinda forgot to update just like the airhead I am, sorry bout that but I'm here now! Feeling kinda sad that pride month is coming to an end again. Though, I always have next year's to look forward to, especially since I managed to rope my friend into going to a pride parade with me! 

Take care everyone!

- Kari :)