Hangover

✨✨✨

Nova's POV

I am not as kindly woken up in the morning as I had hoped I would be.

"Nova!" I am immediately startled awake by both the yell and the sudden weight dropping on top of me.

Spitting out a curse, my mind immediately panics in confusion at the intense pounding rattling my mind.

"Hoseok! She was sleeping!" I hear another yell that causes a sharp pain to spike in my head.

"What the absolute fuck," I growl out, snapping my eyes open just to stare a scared Hoseok straight in the eyes.

"Uh, she's all yours Jiminie," Hoseok couldn't have run faster out of the room as I shoot up to chase after him, only stopping because of the intense dizziness that suddenly slams into me.

"Sit, don't move too fast," a voice is quick to my side to steady me, leading me back to the bed.

"Hands off, I'm going to kill that little-"

"Deep breathes, you are only going to get yourself worked up," the voice is soft enough not to irritate my headache as they shut the curtains, ridding the harshly lit room of sunlight.

Huffing, I try to ignore the sensation of spinning in endless circles. My stomach churns and I struggles to ignore the queasy feeling threatening to leave me in an unsavory fashion.

"I'm gonna puke," I spit in irritation, already having a horrible start to my day.

The voice only sighs before I could hear what I assume to be a trash can being dragged over to the bedside.

"Would you like me to help you pull your hair back?"

"Please."

It takes a few minutes of hearing shuffling and drawers open before I feel the bed dip behind me.

"Braid or ponytail?"

"Braid please," I groan, leaning over at the threatening feeling bubbling in my stomach.

With gentle hands, he pulls my hair out of my face, breaking it into three sections. The second the dizziness decides to intensify, I am emptying out the contents of my long, drunken night into the trash can. The hands keep braiding despite this, leading me to believe Jimin is the one to be helping me.

"Have any cures for a nasty hangover doc?" I sarcastically ask before returning to the trashcan, acid burning my insides.

"Nothing special, some soup, water, and painkillers," his gentle voice is soothing for once as he finished tying my braid.

"Great, I can use some right about now," I sigh, falling weakly onto the bed, taking my newly braided hair with me.

"Okay, I'll be right back then."

"Also tell that idiot that the only reason he's alive is because of this damn hangover."

"Of course," he huffs out a breathy laugh, exiting the room.

I must have drifted off, exhausted from the sudden wake-up call plus hurling everything my body consumed last night because when I woke up next, Jimin is asleep again in the chair. Ouch. A glass of water sits on the bedside table, a few painkillers sitting in a medicine cup beside it. The trashcan is empty, he must've thrown the other trash bag out while I was asleep.

Sleepily, I reach my arm out for the glass of water, very carefully downing the contents as I ignored the slight dizziness I felt. The glass was half empty before I put it down, feeling sick because of all the water I drank at once. Great, what's supposed to be my remedy is making me feel worse. How stupid can I get?

Sighing, I let myself lay back down, relaxing as I stare at Jimin, mentally trying to coax the blonde-haired man awake. His cheeks are still a little bloated and I take note of the discolored bags sitting under his eyes.

"Fucking wake up perv," I grumble, not making any actual effort or noise in an attempt to wake him.

He continues sleeping peacefully, not even stirring at my non-existent attempt to wake him. If he wasn't sleeping in the chair, I would let him continue to catch up on his sleep. Alas, he is sleeping in a chair with his neck bending at an uncomfortable angle that makes me want to wince just watching.

"Okay, wake up!" I shout, startling him awake.

His eyes snap open and search for the reason he woke up, only to find me grinning as I prop my head higher up on my pillow. Paint me like one of your french girls.

"Nice to hear that you're feeling well," he groans, his hand dragging over muscles on the back of his neck.

"Yeah, in fact, I'm ready for another drink," I grin, knowing that would get a rise out of him.

"You haven't even gotten over your hangover from last night!" He sputters, rolling his eyes and preparing to go on a rant.

I only grin at his annoyed reaction, drinking in his frustration with much joy as I lay on the bed and take in every last word that comes from his befuddled mind. It takes probably a minute or two before he quiets, narrowing his eyes at me as he inspects my probably cocky grin.

"You said that just to annoy me, didn't you?"

"I don't know if I'd phrase it like that," I fake innocence as I blink up at him with a smile.

"You're taking an ice-cold bath," he deadpans, turning around and stalking out of the room.

"No, Jiminie come back!" I say in an exaggerated cutesy voice.

"Not happening!"

"But why do I have to take an ice bath! It won't help my hangover at all!"

"I know," I hear the water start running in the bathroom and I start to panic. Just a little.

"Jimin! No! Don't do this to me!" I fake cry but he just ignores me.

He doesn't respond to my cries for mercy, and when he comes back to the room with that easy, laid back smile, I totally keep my calm. Totally.

"Maybe this will wake you up from whatever alcohol-induced world you're living in," he grins, approaching closer and closer.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. We can talk this out can't we?" I shuffle away from him on the bed, laughing nervously as he just calmly comes closer.

"I think we already did."

"Uh, I think I missed that convo. Can we maybe, I don't know, have another?" I shriek when his hand reaches and grabs my ankle in a flash, and I still stay pretty calm. I swear I stayed calm.

Unlike how I'd like to think I reacted, I flail uselessly, throwing around the covers and tangling myself further in the blankets as he continues smiling, tightening his grip on my ankle. My self-defense training kicks up in my mind and I roll as fast as I can off the bed, quickly breaking his grip on my ankle before I hit the floor. Ouch. I scramble to get up and start running as fast as I can, yelping when I feel his hand graze the back of my shirt in an attempt to grab it.

"You can't get away from me!" He shouts, and I let out a laugh, making a sharp turn to escape out the patio.

"But I sure as hell can try!" I laugh, trying to throw the door closed as I make a run for it on the sea-side beach.

A/n: I haven't written anything in a solid two months, it's a fun time.

- Kari