13 | Power couple

I knocked the door of study room cause Zayden and Jannet had excused themselves saying they had to discuss something and I was in no mood to see something inappropriate

“Dinner is ready.” I said looking straight at Jannet.

They both were sitting on couch next to each other. Jannet had a book placed on her lap.
He never sits so close to me then why is he sitting so close to her?

Jannet looked at her wrist watch and sighed. Closing the book she placed it aside and stood up, “Thank you but I can’t stay longer. I have to leave it’s already late…”

“Have dinner, I will ask someone to drop you.” And to my shock that was Zayden.

Whoa !!

I never knew he can speak politely. Without saying anything I walked out of room.

I’m starting to doubt if I’m his wife or she is his wife.

At dinner table, Jannet sat next to Zayden while Alex was sitting next to me.

“Damn! The food is heavenly. How did you learn to cook like this Harriet?” Jannet asked while leaning closer to Zayden to pick a bowl placed in front of him.

Can’t she ask him to pass?

Zayden leaned backwards successfully avoiding any accidentally physical contact but that still didn’t put me at ease.

“Umm, my mom taught me… “ That was a lie, I just didn’t feel like speaking to her so I gave her a blunt answer.

Rest of the dinner passed silently. Nobody spoke much except for Jannet.

“So when will you leave?” Jannet asked twirling a strand of her hair.

Leave?

“Sorry what?” I ask picking the plates from dinner table.

“When are you going to your home.” She questioned.

I blink unable to answer her. Zayden hadn’t told her that I’m his wife. I look at him but he lowers his eyes. Sighing I look back at Alex.

“I will drop her later.” Alex said.

Zayden’s driver had taken leave today and Alex was still eating so Zayden had no other choice but to drop Jannet himself.

“Should I wait till he comes back?” Alex asked

I just nodded. Alex plopped down on couch next to me and cleared his throat.

“About that… You know why he doesn’t want to tell anyone that you both are married.” Alex started speaking but I cut him off.

“Alex, don’t you think it’s his duty to say all these things? I seriously don’t want to speak about him.” I closed my eyes and reclined back on the couch.

After an hour Zayden walked inside the door.

“I will leave now Harriet. Take care.” Alex said and walked out without speaking to Zayden.

Zayden stared at his disappearing figure with confusing and then he averted his gaze in my direction. I lowered my eyes looking at my phone.

Zayden strolled inside without speaking.

I’m not hurt, I have become used to this behavior. The only difference in my life before marriage and now is — before it was aunt and now it’s Zayden.

After battling with my thoughts for umpteenth time, I laid down on couch closing my eyes. I didn’t want to go to room and face him.

❃❃

Morning as usual I woke up early and made breakfast for Zayden when someone knocked the door.

I blink my eyes staring at Jannet. What’s she doing here at this time?

“Why are you here?” I blurted before I could stop myself.

“Excuse me.” She asked with her brow raised.

“Jannet come inside.” Zayden voice came from behind me. I gulp stepping away from door.

Jannet walked in and stood in front of me and asked, “What are you doing here at Zayden's home?”

Where else do you expect his wife to stay then? But I couldn’t ask her that. I was about to answer when Zayden said, “Alex dropped her.”

Jannet nodded her head with smile laced on her face, “Alex is very caring towards you…” She added with a smirk on her face.

And I still don’t understand why she keeps pushing me towards Alex.
“I know.” I replied walking inside leaving her behind.

❃❃

We had breakfast together and later I somehow sneaked upstairs to room and picked my bag, Zayden’s hankie and wallet.

When I made my way towards Zayden’s car, I saw Jannet sitting next to him in front seat. I inhaled deeply gulping the agony which took birth in my heart seeing her with him. Handing his things I took backseat. 

I so badly wanted to cry but now I can’t even cry because I can’t let her know that I am his wife.
I pity my life, biting my inner cheek I stare outside wishing no one gets a life like this.

Will I ever find someone who will care for me? Who will consider me as human and try not to hurt me and my feelings knowingly.

Is Zayden not understanding how much it hurts me to see him with her?

As usual he dropped me at back gate.
They both got down the car at the same time and entire college was looking at them and soon rumours spread that they are dating.

People also called them ‘power couple’.

With the pace Jannet is entering Zayden’s life I can see this rumor turning into reality soon!

❤..