Chapter 1:

Shay Diaz
Fiji, Turtle Island

"Clear!"

"no pulse."

"come on shay we can't do anything if you don't put in any effort."

"you wanna go again?"

"yeah we can't give up on her."

                                              ***

life has been kicking my ass clearly, but one thing it gave me was kaia that was the one thing I did right. But it wasn't with the right person and I can admit that it was supposed to be Elijah's baby it has always been Elijah not king. But I can't be with Elijah no matter what there will always be something that comes up that tears us apart. With king it's different I love him but I'll never love him the way he loves me I should let him go but I'm selfish I can't I'm afraid of being alone.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around a full hospital room everyone was there with a dumb ass look on there face.

"what are y'all staring at?" I asked as I sat up slowly.

"Shay." Jaxon said as he hugged me.

"how are you?" Alisha asked.

"I'm fine what am I doing here?" I asked.

"you don't remember?" Jaxon asked as he let me go.

"remember what?" I asked. The  door opened and a doctor came in.

"good your awake." he said.

"yeah I am." I mumbled.

"Shay how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Cold." I said.

"probably the cold sweats it happens commonly when you haven't taken a drug your body is used too." he said, I gulped and began playing with my fingers.

"that's why I'm here." I said as I crossed my arms.

"Shay what are you doing?" Tara asked as she sat down and grabbed my hand and I snatched my hand from her.

"why are you even here? why are any of yall here?" I said while laughing.

"because we love you fuck you talking about?" Q asked while mugging.

"Shay I'm so sorry I should've seen signs that you were using." Tara said with a small smile.

"what? Y'all think cause y'all know my secret everything goes back to normal?" I asked.

"shit we was hoping." Ghost mumbled.

"You don't have to go through this alone anymore shay were here for you." Shanika said.

"well I don't need you to be I'm fine." I shrugged.

"Shay me and Kendall found you in the tub half dead you are not fine." Tara snapped.

"Tara easy." Ghost said as he grabbed her shoulder.

"no fuck easy she needs fucking help and she needs to stop acting like a damn child." Tara said.

"Tara." Alisha said.

"don't stop speak what's on your mind." I said.

"you wanna know what's on my mind? You, how could you do this? to yourself to us to your daughter-

"Don't talk to me about my daughter worry about the next time you'll be able to have one." I snapped out of anger.

"Shay!" Elijah snapped.