Chapter 59 - Extra Crispy Human Arm!

I didn't even get to tell the whole story, only to the news about me losing my license when it becomes a bitch fest.

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF BULL SHIT IS THIS?! HEY, THANKS FOR THE HELP, BUT BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA, WE NEED TO STOP YOU FROM DOING GOOD!" Holy hell, Hizashi is pissed. He's the most aware of the media because he works with it the most. He knows the pain.

"Zashi, stop using your quirk. It's stupid, yes, but it's not worth making us deaf over." Shouta says as he leans against Hizashi. Shouta is on his lap, by the way. That's how close they have become, and it's taking everything not to say gay out loud.

"Sorry, Sho." I look away because I know they are about to kiss. After a moment, I look back.

"I think you're saltier than me, Zashi. I just have to prove them wrong."

"You realize that most people don't support quirkless still, right? Sure, it has improved since you have come in, but not by a lot." Hizashi says.

Nemuri adds, "You also lost an arm. All the chances are against you, Izu. They will use your personality, your quirklessness, your injuries, anything they can get ahold of, they will be used against you."

I sigh, "You're talking about the Hero Commission, huh?"

Shouta must have noticed something because he sits up and looks at me, "What else is there?"

"The Hero Commission offered me a high position there. They are aware that I am an asset, and I can use that to my advantage. I need to convince society that I'm worth it." Nemuri and Hizashi look shocked, but Shouta gives me a confused expression.

"Wouldn't that offer you a better advantage when it comes to strategizing? That's your strength." He knows me so well.

"Yes, but I declined it for multiple reasons. I need to become a hero to show what quirkless are capable of. I rather be on the field, so I can see first-hand what is going on so I can adjust the strategy. I like being involved in everything. However, the critical reason is that even though I would have the authority, who would listen to me? Some heroes don't listen to the commission now because they lack hero experience, and they can't get in trouble for it due to the media. Why would they listen to me? I at least need to prove myself before I do anything with the Hero Commission."

Shouta nods, as Nemuri replies, "That's understandable, but how do you plan on convincing fucking society?"

"You make it sound like I have a goddamn idea. Plot twist: I don't! The idea I do have is illegal!"

Everyone takes a moment to settle down after that explosion of salt.

"This is why I stick underground now. You and Zashi are on your own there, Izu." Nemuri says as she leans back. Hizashi whacks her, and I can't blame him.

I sigh, "I don't see why they couldn't just say that I was an underground hero and ended it there. They are seriously trying to get rid of me here! Midoriya and Virus are two different people! I still need to look at that footage and see if I need to change anything on my costume. I need to build a prosthetic arm that works better than a normal arm-" Wait...

Everyone looks at me, and Hizashi asks, "Are you okay?"

"PATCHY IS DEAD! HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF TO KNOCK DABI OVER!" MY GAWD, I WANT TO CRY NOW!

"Hey, at least you have CAT!" I settle down within a snap.

"That's true. CAT can satisfy me for now. As much as I would love to continue to chat, I need to ask Mei to build a robot arm. From there, I look and see what the news is saying and go from there. Before all that, I need a shower." I stand up from my spot and head to my dorm.