𝐗𝐕𝐈. HAGRID'S TALE

CHAPTER SIXTEENHAGRID'S TALE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
HAGRID'S TALE

§ § §

I offered to go and grab my own Invisibility Cloak, but Harry said there wasn't any time. So, as a result, us four fifteen year olds squeezed under Harry's cloak as we made out way down to Hagrid's. Hermione wrapped herself up in a hat, scarf, and gloves.

"Well, it's cold out there!" She exclaimed as Harry and I raised our eyebrows at her and Ron rolled his eyes.

We trudged through the snow that was still falling in the darkening night excitedly until we reached Hagrid's hut. Harry knocked three times, and we could hear Fang start to bark inside.

"Hagrid, it's us!" Harry called over the wind.

"Shoulda known!" Hagrid exclaimed from inside. We waited a moment before we could hear the bolt of the door being drawn back and the door opening slowly, revealing Hagrid's face.

Hermione screamed.

"Merlin's beard, keep it down, will yeh? Get in, get in," He exclaimed, stepping aside so we could shuffle into the hut, where Harry then ripped the cloak off of us.

"Hagrid, what happened?" I gasped as I got a better look at him as he closed the curtains to the windows and bolted to door again.

His hair had visible spots of dried blood matted into it, and one of his eyes was puffy and opened only a slit. It was also purple and black bruised. There were many cuts on his face as well, and also on his hands. Some were still bleeding.

"Answer Giovanna," Harry demanded, sternly worried about him.

"Nuthin," Hagrid grunted. "Want a cup of tea?"

"Oh, come off it," Ron scoffed. "You're in a right state!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," He waved his hand. "Blimey, it's good to see you four again- had good summers, did yeh?"

"Hagrid, you've been attacked!" Ron exclaimed.

"Stop trying to change the subject," I groaned, sitting at the table and dropping my head in my arms.

"You ought to see Madam Pomfrey, Hagrid," Hermione suggested. "Some of those cuts look nasty.

"I'm dealin' with it, alright?" He told us.

"Mhm," I looked around as his disheveled home and disheveled state. "How's that going for you?"

He walked over to the table and removed a tea towel from in front of me. Under it was a raw, bloody steak. I shrieked and sat up, leaning away from the table.

Hagrid slapped the steak onto his face. "Helps with the stinging," He explained.

"So are you going to tell us what happened to you?" Harry continued.