Get That Bunny! (Easter Special)

3rd person POV

Early in the morning out in the forest near Smash Mansion, Master Hand was currently communicating with some of its residents. He was asking for permission to have a part of the forest for today's activity.

At first they were reluctant to grant Master Hand access, but after giving a thorough explanation, the creatures finally gave him access. But, Master Hand has to return that land unscathed.

Small Time Skip

Everyone was just waking up and getting ready for the current holiday: Easter. Most of the Smashers wore their favorite Easter colored/themed clothes and accessories. There were classic colors like pink, sky blue, light green, etc. Some even wore bunny ears.

Like every holiday, there are no battles unless most Smashers request it. There are competitions yes, but not battles. Some Smashers want to battle, but many others don't. There's plenty of battles in the arenas every day anyways. The Smashers that don't want to fight are ones who either want to take a break from fighting, want to enjoy the holidays, hang out with others, relax, or have fun.

Since it's Easter, there's gonna be the annual Egg Hunt later on in the afternoon. Right now, (Y/N) was in his/her room getting prepared.

Your POV

Woohoo! Today is Easter! One of the best holidays in Spring. All the bright colors, blooming plants, different animals, warm temperatures, the beautiful sky, and the glowing sun are all coming out.

I can't wait for the upcoming Egg Hunt later on. I'm a bit too old to do this, but I'm still a bit of a child on the inside like Roy. What can I say? Live while we're young after all. You only live once so live life to the fullest.

*Knock knock* "(Y/N) are you awake? If you are, then hurry up and come out! You're gonna miss the new Easter Breakfast Buffet!".

That sounds like Ness. "Ok I'm coming!", I said. Then I heard excited little footsteps scrambling away.

The second I got out of my room, I closed the door and ran straight to the cafeteria. The closer I got, the more food I could smell. I can smell cheese, bread, croissants, fruit, sausages, etc.

When I got there, I couldn't believe my eyes. The whole cafeteria was decorated, and many tables were all lined up with different varieties of breakfast delicacies! There were sandwiches, yogurts, parfaits, cereals, breads, fruits, juices, different milks, etc., just to name some.

Wow. I can't BELIEVE how big this buffet is! Even though Master Hand told everyone that there'll be a buffet, he didn't tell any of us how BIG it would be. I don't know if Crazy Hand already knew about the size though.

I was so eager to try these new foods that I immediately grabbed a tray and started placing whatever I wanted to eat on it.

Shortly afterwards, I heard something. "Hey (Y/N)! Over here!", I heard someone call out.

I looked around and saw Link waving towards me. He was sitting with a group of Smashers who were eating and talking with him as well. So I walked over, sat down, and joined the chat while eating.

"Hey everyone. How's it going?", I asked politely.

"Things are going great! The different dishes is one thing that makes Smash Bros an even more interesting and enjoyable place. Other than interacting with different Smashers.", said Robin.

So we continued talking until we all finished eating. After we threw away our trash and returned our trays, we said our farewells and left.

Time Skip

"Attention all Smashers! Please head outdoors to the forest for the annual Egg Hunt competition. Those who are participating must bring a basket. Thank you!", announced Crazy Hand.

I was far from my room so I sprinted over, grabbed my basket, and ran out. As I was running outside, I heard a bush rustle. I looked into it, curious to see what was in there. I thought I saw something, but I dismissed it as imagination and left.

Little did I know that something was in there.

Small Time Skip

Once everyone had gathered outside, Master Hand began stating the rules. "Alright. Today the Egg Hunt will be in a part of the forest that we're currently renting from the forest's residents. Only those who've brought a basket can participate. There'll be a countdown and once the countdown ends, all the participants will have 10 minutes to get as many eggs as possible. The top 3 Smashers with the most eggs will get two weeks off of battles. During the hunt, a bunny will be scrambling around and whoever catches it will be given the grand prize. Everyone understand?". We all nodded.

Then Crazy Hand started the countdown. "3, 2, 1, GO!".

I immediately ran in, just like the others, and saw my first egg in a bush.

Time Skip

3rd Person POV

The hunt ended and all the eggs were found. Ness, Villager, and (Y/N) found the most eggs so they get the time off. Unfortunately, no one saw, found, or heard the bunny during the hunt. Until now.

Out of the corner of (Y/N)'s eye, he/she saw something small and white. Thinking it was the bunny hiding, (Y/N) pretended to not notice it until it looked away. When everyone started departing, he/she immediately pounced on the bunny, catching it off guard.

"A ha! Gotcha! Hey everyone I got the bunny!", (Y/N) exclaimed. Then when everyone came over, the Hands were joyful. Some Smashers even became jealous.

"Congratulations miss/mister. Since you've captured me, you now have the grand prize.", said an unknown voice.

Everyone looked in many directions, wondering who spoke. After quickly realizing the voice came from the bunny, (Y/N) put it down and everyone was flabbergasted. Excluding the Hands. Smashers were either wide eyed, had a gapping mouth, or even both.

"Hehehe! Geez everyone! Don't be surprised that I can talk! It is Easter after all. So now that I've been caught, I give you miss/mister, the grand prize.". The bunny hopped twice, making a hole open up in the ground. An engraved Golden Egg then rose up while glowing, and was handed to (Y/N).

"Wowww.", everyone said in awe of its beauty.

"Goodbye everyone! Enjoy your gift!". The bunny waved goodbye and hopped deep into the forest. The Smashers said their "goodbyes", "thank you"s, and left as well.

When everyone went into the mansion, everyone got excited to see what's inside the Golden Egg. Some Smashers tried to grab the egg from (Y/N), but he/she was able to securely hold onto it.

As a matter of fact, (Y/N) accidentally crushed the egg in his/her arms from all the pressure building up. In the egg there's several candies, tons of money, several coupons, 6 music concert backstage passes, 4 movie tickets, 8 tickets for a luxury cruise, and a mini banner that says "CONGRATULATIONS!". It was astonishing to see all this packed in a single object.

(Y/N) decided to pass out candy to the other Smashers. Plans were being made for the backstage passes, movie tickets, and the cruise.

Time Skip

Your POV

It was sunset when Master Hand left the mansion to give the land back to the forest inhabitants like he said. When he came back, it was dark and all the plans were made. Turns out, Master Hand had to search for the beings since they weren't altogether. So we told him what the plans are and left for bed.

Today was so much fun. Having a buffet, finding colorful eggs, catching a bunny, receiving a Golden Egg, and planning adventures.

Wow. Can today get any better? Well no, since the day's over. But all these future events are gonna be awesome. I can't wait for them to happen!

Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep cuz of all this adrenaline in my body. So I listened to a song that calmed me down, putting me to sleep.

I predict these upcoming events are gonna be so much fun in the future.