139 The Jilted Second Young Master (12)

Song Jia nodded at her words. But Rong Jingfei felt that she still hadn't gotten her point across and started to talk about her past.

"Don't you know Qiqi, when I was in high school, I became a bit chubby. My friends constantly teased me, and I felt very insecure."

Rong Jingfei held Song Jia's hands as she talked. She had always showed a beautiful appearance in front of Lin Shenglan, and when she noticed that she was getting fat, she tried avoiding him so that he wouldn't see her. Rong Jingfei tried to lose weight, but the more she stressed about her appearance, the more she started to binge on food. It got to the point that when she attended a dinner party, she ate something bad and had an upset stomach.

Rong Jingfei went into the restroom and nearly died in embarrassment when she saw that it was full of chattering women. She didn't bring any toiletries and could only call Lin Shenglan to buy it for her.

"I was no longer beautiful in front of him. I thought he would abandon me, but he helped me overcome my insecurities instead. I got my former body back and our relationship turned even better. So Qiqi, don't give up on Lin Yitian. Maybe these hardships would strengthen your relationship with Yitian instead."

After Rong Jingfei finished lecturing Song Jia, she started talking about Lin Shenglan once again. Song Jia listened to her patiently, obediently swallowing the dog food Rong Jingfei kept giving to her.

It couldn't be helped. Once a woman fell in love, she wouldn't be able to resist bragging about her loved one. It was just the way things were.

At ten o'clock, Lin Shenglan finally went down the stairs. Song Jia knew that Lin Yitian wouldn't come down until it was time for lunch, so she was the one who escorted the two of them out.

Rong Jingfei hugged her, whispering in her ears, "Don't forget, tell him to buy you a bouquet of flowers!"

Her voice was a bit too loud. Lin Shenglan heard her and chuckled. He patted Rong Jingfei's head.

"Jingfei, don't give Xiao Tian a hard time."

Rong Jingfei glared at him. "Hard time, what hard time? Hmph! If he can't even buy Qiqi a single bouquet of flowers, then what kind of man is he?"

Looking at her furious appearance, Lin Shenglan burst into laughter.

"Alright, alright, I'll listen to Jingfei."

"Who doesn't have a bouquet of flowers?" An unsatisfied voice asked them.

The three of them looked up in shock. Lin Yitian was standing behind Song Jia, his face black. He looked down at Song Jia and said earnestly, "Tell them. Didn't I give you flowers too?"

Song Jia, "..."

He gave her a bouquet of flowers? How come she couldn't remember anything?

And more importantly...he actually broke his routine and came out of his study before twelve o'clock?

Song Jia was more concerned about this last point.

Lin Yitian didn't hear Song Jia's reply for a long time. He cupped her face with his slender hands.

He only said one word: "Bad girl!"

Being scolded like a child, Song Jia pursed her lips and glowered at him.

It was not her that was bad, it was his eyesight that was bad. Bad girl, your sister!

Lin Yitian grabbed her hand and dragged her to a particular direction. Curious, Lin Shenglan and Rong Jingfei followed as well.

It was the first time for Rong Jingfei to explore Lin Yitian's mansion. She knew that the biggest reason the Lin company became successful was because of Lin Yitian's help, but she didn't know how much money he was making from it. Seeing how wide the mansion was, it shouldn't be an insignificant amount.

Rong Jingfei gasped when she saw the garden that was full of flowers. How many flowers were there? They were so many that it dazzled the eyes. Warm sunlight shone in the garden, making it seem as if it was built like the kingdom of fairytales.

But Lin Yitian continued walking, until they came in front of a recently dug flower bed. Planted there was a thick cluster of red tulips, their upturned petals slightly swaying on their long stems.

Lin Yitian arrogantly spread his arms, encompassing the whole garden. He lifted his chin and glanced down at Song Jia, looking smug.

It was an expression that said, "You dare envy that woman's little bouquet? I'll give you a whole garden!"

"Like it?" He phrased his words like a question, but his lips were upturned as if he already knew her answer.

She liked him, so she would also like the things that he'd give her.

Once again, Song Jia didn't respond. Lin Yitian stood there for two minutes, his arms still lifted. For a moment, a hint of insecurity swept over his face. He lowered his arms and looked confused.

"You don't like it?" he asked.

Maybe a bouquet of flowers was better than a garden?

Song Jia laughed and came forward to hug him. "I like it, I like it very much."

In Lin Yitian's ears, the words transformed into: "I like you, I like you very much."

He smiled happily.

As expected, it was still him who knew his lifelong partner's preferences the most.

...

Song Jia had stayed over at Lin Yitian's mansion for over a month now. Because she was doing this for Su Qi, her twin sister was tasked to be the one to explain it to their parents. Song Jia didn't know what lies Su Qi had told them, but it seemed to be effective as they didn't bother her.

Song Jia spent most of her evenings lying on the couch in the living room, watching TV. Lately, she had gotten addicted in watching dog-blood dramas. In the 23rd century, as much as Song Jia wanted to watch videos from centuries ago, these videos were usually too expensive and were only available to an exclusive group of people. Song Jia liked comparing the differences in editing and cinematography of past TV shows to those from the 23rd century.

"Jia."

Song Jia looked up. Lin Yitian had finished taking his evening bath, and his hair was still slightly damp. He was wearing a pair of gray pants and a white shirt. Song Jia caught his masculine scent, a subtle mixture of soap and shampoo.

Seeing that he wanted to join her, Song Jia tried to rise into a sitting position. But Lin Yitian quickly stopped her. Song Jia looked up at him, wearing a confused expression.

Lin Yitian squeezed himself into the space between the couch and her body, his tall height making it a bit difficult. Because the couch was only a loveseat, it wasn't wide enough to fit two people lying down side by side. Song Jia's body nearly rolled off the couch and onto the floor.

"Lin Yitian, get off, I'm going to fall!" she exclaimed.

Lin Yitian used his thighs to clamp her legs between his. He used his weight to keep her legs from moving and braced one arm around her waist, pressing hard enough for her back to feel his warm chest.

His breath tickled her ear as he spoke, his voice sounding very serious.

"Then I'm going to hold you tight so that you won't fall off."

Ba-thump. Ba-thump.

Song Jia listened to the sound of his heartbeat, making her almost unable to hear his words. For a second, she had the illusion that he was steadily surrounding her, filling every inch of space around her with his scent and temperature, until his world only contained her, and her world would only contain him.